So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 14

Page 14 of 678 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222464114214514 ... LastLast

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ1985 View Post
    If I tried to shoot myself, the gun would jam.
    Better to have a jam and not need it than to need a jam and not - oh, wait..... ???

How sweet the moonlight sleeps upon this bank!
    Here will we sit, and let the sounds of music
    Creep into our ears: soft stillness and the night
    Become the touches of sweet harmony.

- Shakespeare,
    Merchant...Act 5

Bought a new window a/c, the old one was making a bad noise, and we had a service policy so we called the store and they could not find anyone to repair it so we got a refund and bought another and this morning we had a local handyman come over and we had to remove plywood panels to get the thing out of the window and I had to help because his helper hadn't come yet but then he finally came and some big military jets flew over and the guy was afraid he was going to see paratroopers land and put all the white people in internment camps and he seemed almost disappointed he didn't see paratroopers but he finally finished and the a/c worked and he charged me $100 which wasn't bad because he did a lot of stuff and it was pretty simple but this old man is too weak in the poot to lift 150 pounds. If you're still with me, I'm tired. Why he thought paratroopers could come out of jets I don't know. Another day in redneckville.
    "Put not your trust not in princes, in the children of men,
    in whom there is no salvation."
    Psalm 146

Timely, isn't it?

midnightpoet,

Ahh yes there're certainly different perceptions abounding. Around here there's a group of "ol' boys" that stock food, weapons, and ammunition in an old tin mine in the surrounding foothills. They want to be ready for when the (specific ethnic distinction avoided) attack.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Yeah, I wasn't going to argue with him.
    Psalm 146

Timely, isn't it?

Took my computer in to have it rebuilt. I should have it back in a few days. Finally going back to a laptop after being stuck on a tablet for six months: Awesome. Having access to my music library again: Priceless. I'm also rereading my Harry Potter books. Life for the moment is all right.

Just got a copy of "The Wind Rises" by Hayao Miyazaki... supposed to watch it with my sis tomorrow, but might just gander a peek/watch the entire thing tonight
    Welcome to WF!
    Feeling lost? Want to connect with experienced members of the forum? Then meet our talented staff of Hidden Content !
    They're always looking to help and advise and don't bite... much...

After a solid week of sleep deprivation (under 5 hours a night) I needed to get a form handed in today and then kids were having early dismissal on their last day of school.

Woke up first thing this morning hurting all over from many repetitions of shorted sleep, got kids dressed, fed, and on the bus. Worked on the stupid form, trying not to throw up from sheer exhaustion. Took a short walk with my oldest daughter who's in cyberschool, in a futile attempt to get a bit of oxygen to keep me awake. Came back, finished the form, and headed up to bed with two hours to spare before the kids came home for the summer.

Pushed sleeping right up to the last half-hour and woke up just a little before that time with a text from another mom...what time were we supposed to be at the bus? Was answering as I threw clothes on, figured it wasn't time yet. Sat back down...and heard the kids' voices. $#%! bus came half an hour earlier than expected.

Kids landed on me yelling about going to the 'beach' (lake) now that it's their summer vacation and my brain still isn't rebooted properly after that nap.

Daughter is now sulking that 'I'm never going anywhere' since we don't have actual plans to go to any beaches today. I am a failure as a mom, apparently, and I'm dying of tiredness.

Dishes, laundry both need done, have to sort out what's for supper. Haven't written in at least three days and I'm afraid I might have turned into a cliche.

%^#! this.
    What comes after the NaPo storm of poetry?
    Get ready for the
    May 2021 Collaborator Challenge.

Send your potential partner a fruit basket and start begging!

I'm living proof that there is, indeed, a whiter shade of pale. I've been working night the last 6 weeks; sunlight is a stranger. My hair is also at the annoying point where I can let it grow or chop it all off and go back to my classic pixie cut... Now all I need is an actual day off. Pretty minor grievences as far as life goes.

ok so far, I mowed 1/2 of my front yard until mower gave out. Weeds close to knee high from the recent rains. Try again this afternoon.
    Psalm 146

Timely, isn't it?

I got my laptop back. A real keyboard, an actual honest to god keyboard. I really, really missed having this.