The Schrody-Mustard writethon-editahon

Page 1 of 27 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: The Schrody-Mustard writethon-editahon

The Schrody-Mustard writethon-editahon

Okay now that our duel has claimed its victims (who they are I don't know ). We have a new challenge. This time we have to daily either write 1000 words or edit 500 words. Whoever doesn't has to stick his tongue on a frozen pole and everyone knows how unpleasant that can be.

So wish us luck as we get our adrenalin going again.

Oh, and anyone who wants to participate (where are you Bishop?) is absolutely invited to do so.

So get your pens and pencils (and erasers) ready and start writing
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

I wish you like ^^
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

May the gods of Editing have mercy on my soul
    Je suis Charlie.

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

How do I count my edit? Will it be draft + words/sentences I added, or just the new stuff? Man, this is more complicated than I thought
    Je suis Charlie.

Why don't we do it as sifting though 500 words already written (Or we can make it 1000 if you're up to the challenge).Even if you only have to change maybe a hundred words in that thousand reviewed you could say that you edited a thousand. Does that make sense? :

EDIT: I got it (I think). Why don't you go by whatever words/ sentences you have to change. It wouldn't be so much adding words (though that would count too). Since you could also be eliminating words you can just make it the number of words you have to change whether it would be by adding, subtracting, etc. What do you think?
    Last edited by mrmustard615; March 29th, 2015 at 12:54 AM.

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

My head is spinning

I'll just count the new words, that is, new words in the sentences and count it as one - I won't count the sentences where I didn't add anything. It will be an approximate number; it's hard to keep track. Since this is an edit it's understanding I will have to delete some words/sentences, and I won't count the fallen brothers.

Last night's damage: batch of 44 new words + some of the oldies. From now on I will go forward (and I'll leave the first chapter alone), it should be much easier.
    Je suis Charlie.

I'm starting today myself. I expect to get my thousand done today. I think you're doing great, Schrods

A thousand miles journey starts with first step.
    Je suis Charlie.

Okay I've saved my tongue from the dreaded frozen pole on the first day.

Total count: 1290 words ( and a chapter)

So lets see if our queen of wackiness can avoid this fate.

What do we say to a frozen pole? Not today.
    Je suis Charlie.

Page 1 of 27 12345678911 ... LastLast