Introverts unite! - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Introverts unite!

I'm a person who does not get hugs when others in the company do, like for example happened in a newspaper I was working in. A girl that had been there a shorter time and was leaving had hugs from everybody, but when I left from there to move back to my homecity, I got just handshakes.

I'm also been always uncomfortable with phones, because I cannot see the other fellow for their body language, and also because you cannot be quiet on the phone, somebody neets to keep talking!

Quote Originally Posted by Loveabull View Post
    Something that makes me nutso at various jobs are the people who are so animated getting ahead. They might have the IQ of a gerbil, possibly less, but they present themselves with a manic smile that is supposed to signify competence? Then those of us who actually know exactly what's going on get overlooked as expendable. A huge smile doesn't come naturally to me. A bit too much on my mind to be mindlessly cheerful. I mean a customer or co-worker coming up with a good one and I can laugh to tears. But just a grin pasted on there no.
    Almost makes me want to make a character who says the following, "Do you want the best friend for life who stands with you while your business suffers? Or a cynical bastard who gets the job done and makes your business flourish?"

Quote Originally Posted by SirJohnnyBoy View Post
    That always baffles me. I go thirty minutes without replying to a text, and boom!... I'll never understand.

But, I do have a tendency to forget my phone somewhere, or never hear the thing, so...
    Where I live if you do not answer your telephone after just four rings the person calling gets piddled off. Not hearing very well with even the loudest ring being far quieter in modern phones, and being unable to answer quickly enough, I have extensions all over the place, even in the bathrooms.

Rather OTT but much as I really do not want most of the incoming calls, I just have to answer in case it was something important.
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

If we're gonna start naming off pet peeves we introverts have, I have one more to add. I hate talking to people who are wearing mirrored sunglasses. It's so difficult, fumbling for words, unable to gauge their thoughts. I'm left a confused mess during the conversation.
    "So do I" said Gandalf, "And so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

I'm writing a book... Just don't know where I put it...

Yes sometimes I've been tempted to self-diagnosis it as Asperger's or something similar. But I'm not completely anti-social. It's just hard reading people sometimes. The written word and you can usually figure out where someone is...knowwhatahmsayin"/

ugh, trying to read people is the worst. I can never tell when someone is actually joking or being serious, which usually ends up with me looking stupid.

The weird part is, that if I talk long enough with a person I could tell them things about themselves that they don't even know. I can understand people on a deep level. But when it comes to basic social interaction that special power disappears :\

Blog Entries
    OMG this looks exactly like my cat Pita! The only kitty who understood me.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmustard615 View Post
    My friend

"Sometimes I wish I could stay asleep, not because my life is that dull and boring but because my dreams are just that good." - Mindy Dyksterhouse (MzSnowleopard)
    Admin @ Hidden Content & Hidden Content
    Student @ Hidden Content
    Hidden Content / Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    Has anyone read: Quiet. The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking? ​It is the awesomeness of the introverts.
    Which one? I searched for this title on Amazon and found 2 different authors- so which one are you talking about? The one by Susan Cain or Jeremy White
    "Sometimes I wish I could stay asleep, not because my life is that dull and boring but because my dreams are just that good." - Mindy Dyksterhouse (MzSnowleopard)
    Student @ Hidden Content

"Introverts unite"? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Blog Entries
    not really, were not anti-social we just don't socialize like party animals
    Student @ Hidden Content

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345