Introverts unite! - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Introverts unite!

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    I'm hugely introverted and am not comfortable talking on the phone. What makes it worse is that I'm also hearing impaired, so the speaker appears to be mumbling out everything they say.

Ugh, sometimes I hate being an introvert and have severe hearing loss when I have to use the phone.
    And I thought I had it bad - that makes it even worse

Quote Originally Posted by Sonata View Post
    Shove over Pidge so I can huddle with you.
    "I like working with first time directors because they don't really know the rules yet. And therefore don't know any limits."
    -Sir Ben Kingsley

Quote Originally Posted by InnerFlame00 View Post
    And I thought I had it bad - that makes it even worse
    Yep. Things suck when you're not able to hear very well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    Yep. Things suck when you're not able to hear very well.
    Welcome to the "wassat you sed" club. Seriously though you should try being profoundly deaf in one ear and with limited hearing in the other, living where the language is not your mother tongue and you have to take your hearing aid out in order to use the telephone as it is a wee bit difficult - nay, impossible - to lip-read when using the phone!

Beats being six foot under though any day!
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

I don't have a phone bill; I have a fiction bill...all those long distance reads. It's still cheaper than flying, though. And planes, planes means people, ​so many people...

I return to join my kind!

I awkwardly pause before every sentence in conversation. Half of the time I'm really deeply terrified and considering what to say, the other half I've just drifted into thought. This has given most people the impression that I'm a deep thinker, which is true but not as great as it sounds... So it goes without saying that a keyboard is very nice, as I have plenty of time to make 'drafts' of my conversation pieces, and revise anything before it comes out of my virtual mouth.

Also, the key sign of being introverted obviously is that social interaction is draining, physically and emotionally. Phone calls, conversation and everything else means at the end of a long day around several people, I have a near-migraine and am very mentally tired from thinking what to say and moving the conversation forward without letting that introversion show...

But the positive thing is that I'm a good listener! Not to someone who just babbles, (Or talks about conspiracy theory) but if someone honestly needs to talk I can listen to someone for hours. Hearing and understanding, or showing sympathy, is easy for me actually. As my personality type was the mediator, it's very true I hate injustice and everything sad... I like knowing I can help. Talking about problems and being that hugging shoulder is nice.

But anything else? Uhg...
    Need advice? Or just some cheering up? PM.
    Or bug me on Skype. Any time I'm online.

'I prefer to exist as a duality. Living alone is boring.'
    Crowley Karterson Jarvis

╙The Golden Crowl
    梟金烏

Planes? You mean those things that go up in the sky and are full of people? Well, they could be empty for all I care but I Will Never Get In A Plane Again.

Eeeeek - 'tis nightmare time again.
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonata View Post
    Beats being six foot under though any day!
    You know what's also horrendous for an introvert, being 6'5" white guy in the middle of rural Japan.

When life gives you lemons... don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad!
    I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager!
    Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons!
    - Cave Johnson, Aperture Science

Not being 6'5" tall, not being a guy and never having been to Japan, I have luckily missed out on that horror.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast