NaPoWriMo Prompts - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NaPoWriMo Prompts

Okay, I'll add yours. I don't want it to be too hard--just not too easy. I won't add "never" or "angel"

Baby would be good.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    — Robert G. Allen

I have to say, that list is beginning to take on a devilish glint the closer we get to April! I tell myself, I did it last year and I can do it again if I want to but, well... gulp .
    “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.”

I have fractions of ideas for some of these. Since I'm not working on them, they haven't even made it to notes yet.
    — Robert G. Allen

We still need prompts. I'm adding a couple now, but more is better.
    — Robert G. Allen

How about writing about something invisible? Or a journey? Perhaps a picture prompt... maybe each pick someone else's avatar?!
    “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.”

I like picking an avatar. I think there are too many invisible things (like love) that people write about anyway, but I like the idea of a journey.
    — Robert G. Allen

I'm thinking that maybe if there aren't enough prompts, maybe we can also cherry-pick from the ones on the official webpage? I know there's bound to be the odd one that I fancy.

Not long to go...! I'm trying to concentrate on finishing up the prose project I'm working on so I can give over April to poetry again, but it's difficult. It's the danger of having prompts already accessible so the worms in my brain begin to wriggle early.

(Peeks out from behind favourite rock.)

How about a poem extrapolated from song lyrics, just a single line from any song?

Well, we already have #21, which is write a response to a poem. That could be expanded to include lyrics. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargh View Post
    I'm thinking that maybe if there aren't enough prompts, maybe we can also cherry-pick from the ones on the official webpage? I know there's bound to be the odd one that I fancy.
    Yes, with a link. I'll list it separately.
    — Robert G. Allen

1. Write a poem based on the concept or idea of "Mobeus strip".
    2. Write a poem that starts at the end, moving backwards.
    3. Write a poem that uses the style of a devotion and prayer.
    4. Write a poem in which you refer to yourself as “you” throughout. See Richard Hugo’s work for numerous examples.
    5. Write a poem in the form of a grocery list.
    6. Find an unpublished poem that you haven’t looked at in years. Randomly choose three lines from the poem. Write a completely different using those lines.
    7. Write a poem that admits a dark secret of yours.
    8. Find one of your favorite recipes. Write a poem that utilizes some of the steps of that recipe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12