"English, dude, English!"

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: "English, dude, English!"

"English, dude, English!"

"English, dude, English!" For those who haven't noticed, WritingForums.com is an English language forum.

On occasions, foreign language posts and usernames in character forms other than the common English alphanumeric have visited our boards ... briefly. Thus far, all such visitors have shown themselves to be spammers or trolls. The community at WritingForums.com tolerate neither. Spammers and trolls get banned at the earliest opportunity.

We have had to add the above to Da Rules because too many have failed to notice that WF only communicates in English - names, posts, whatever, we deal in English. Put plainly, if we can't read it, it's in the wrong forum. Is that narrow-minded of us? Possibly, but it's a big virtual world out there, and I'm sure there is somewhere that can read Kanji or Cyrillic and appreciate its full meaning.

"English, dude, English". (Donelly - Transformers movie)
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

Aw shucks, now I'll never be able to post my novel on Croatian

You go Cran, we're holding your back
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

I think also we have to keep in mind that few of us have keyboards that can accommodate non-English characters (or at least European characters)
    Hidden Content

Hey, check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

And twice a week I'm posting my memoirs of Mom for anyone who wants to take a look

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by mrmustard615 View Post
    I think also we have to keep in mine that few of us have keyboards that can accommodate non-English characters (or at least European characters)
    You don't need those keys to write in English

Also, why would we keep that in a mine?

We're not animals, you know.
    Je suis Charlie.

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

Quote Originally Posted by Schrody View Post
    You don't need those keys to write in English

Also, why would we keep that in a mine?

We're not animals, you know.

For the record I edited mine to mind
    Hidden Content

Hey, check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

And twice a week I'm posting my memoirs of Mom for anyone who wants to take a look

Hidden Content

Yeah, yeah....
    Je suis Charlie.

Ciao Cran, come stai...
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.

Blog Entries
    "English" English and "American" English are two different languages to me.
    But the problem arises as children here are taught American English.

From Grade 1 - whatever that is.

And the "English" teachers are Russian.
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

Way to crack the whip!

They're a sneaky lot, those non-English symbol users. Might as well be telling you that you look like a monkey's uncle and they could say "It means flower of the midnight light" >.>
    ".... But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
    All losses are restored and sorrows end."
    - William Shakespeare, Sonnet XXX

Blog Entries
    My keyboard is dual language
    But I cannot write
    In the language
    That is to me
    Somehow
    Not right

However - and as a boss of mine used to dictate when I worked during university holidays oh so many years ago, and who thought I needed to know what punctuation went where, and would dictate "however - comma" - once I taught myself the nuances of a computer and discovered ALT characters - the world has been my lobster.

Or something like that.
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast