"English, dude, English!" - Page 3

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: "English, dude, English!"

Glorious heritage, haha. Genius.
    "When I am gone, it won't be long before I disturb you in the dark."

~ Hidden Content ~

Blog Entries
    Google translate
    Is a load of corrupta
    So a different translater
    I use when I havta

And mostly it's good
    But sometimes it's not
    Because sometimes it seems
    To have
    Lost
    The
    Plot
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

Blog Entries
    Nice one Sonata.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Beautiful! Although I am Canadian and English is a mother tongue, I have also lived in Quebec. I hope that bursting into Fran-glais, joyal, or that dreadful dialect they speak in the the Lac St. Jean region will not get me booted from this fine forum. Hold on a sec. There's my friend Jean-Claude.

"Hey Jean! Fetché mon jacket from le truck. Le blacque wan! Tanks 'T Cue."

Now, where was I? Oh yea. Canadian - English; still speak the 27,000+ dialects of French. I hope this will be acceptable.

^ Love it. Many times over the years, listening politely to someone talk, I catch myself paying more attention to how they're expressing themselves, dialects increasing my interest.

I do fondly remember Montreal. On a visit there as a consultant for a U.S. company, the business discussions seemed fairly straight laced. One morning in the hotel was different though, when I asked the waitress for pancakes, over easy eggs, and sausages. She looked at me oddly, but seemed to understand. What she returned with was a surprise, in the pancakes being those little droplets from the side of the grill. When I pointed out that they weren't 'proper' pancakes, she said something in what sounded like French, with the word 'pardon' vaguely recognizable therein. A short while later she returned with a real stack of pancakes, over easy eggs on top, and sausages round about. The meal was good, but I'm still in love with that voice

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

What a great memory to take away from there. It can be a wonderful experience to encounter a totally insular and different culture like you find in French Canada. There are so many delights to be had there and the food is just the tip of the iceberg. Let me know if you ever plan to return. We will chat.
    Fear is the ultimate lie. It is an illusion that stands between ignorance and understanding.

Makes sense. There must be plenty forums in other languages.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kellypeace View Post
    Makes sense. There must be plenty forums in other languages.
    Yes but...

...wot if you is a native English speaker wot moved to a different country where dey don't speak English an' you cannot read or write in dere langwage an' dey ain't got de sense of 'umour wot you finds 'ere.

Eh?
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

Nuh uh man. This umurica and we speak murican here. I don't need none o' dat fancy pancy English nonsense. Just good ol' fashion regular speak!
    "I like working with first time directors because they don't really know the rules yet. And therefore don't know any limits."
    -Sir Ben Kingsley

Apparently I have just posted post #30. What language is that in then because I was never taught about any symbol # in my education in England? I did learn about French accents and German umlauts and double s's, but never this alien thing.

If I renumber it XXX would that be within the rules or are Roman numerals out too?

I think I already questioned what would happen if someone decided to emulate the style of Iain M Banks in his book Feersum Endjinn within this forum. Some people have found the book to be unreadable while others haven't. Personally I enjoyed it.

Of course we're all joking about the subject, but I've noticed that when the English joke other nationalities, even some of those who claim to share our language, don't see the humour.
    Last edited by JustRob; April 10th, 2015 at 11:35 AM.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.