Coffeehouse Roundtable - Page 6

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffeehouse Roundtable

Well, still a poem-a-day, but again, not prompted. Maybe I could squeeze it in under "recipe" if you consider a recipe a procedure. I wrote a poem encouraging people to vote in the monthly challenge, with instructions.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    — Robert G. Allen

Mine was a journey of a sort...

I'm working on #31 -- I found an ugly poem with a few good lines that I don't think I posted anywhere--it is that ugly.
    — Robert G. Allen

Thanks everyone for all the comments/crit I've received so far, especially astroannie because I know how crazy-busy you are!

It's not easy keeping up with the challenge let alone having time to respond, but it's appreciated... and long may it continue after April; I'm really excited about working on some of these!
    “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.”

This might be a silly question, but even though it's so late in the month could one still attempt these poems and prompts?

I guess a better question would be, would someone look silly just posting one right now so late in the game?

I've always wanted to do something like this but lacked motivation.

Like Gargh was saying,it could always continue after April. So it seems beneficial all around to me!

I'm also trying to weasel my way into this because I've been fascinated from the beginning
    ".... But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
    All losses are restored and sorrows end."
    - William Shakespeare, Sonnet XXX

My seemingly random pieces have found a home. It is mad, but it is awesome. It isn't any good, but it completes the circle. Cleveland and Magie Miri Lowelle are well on their way. All I needed was Titan Small to get things going. The Strangeways will always have a story to tell.
    Last edited by Darkkin; April 18th, 2015 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by am_hammy View Post
    This might be a silly question, but even though it's so late in the month could one still attempt these poems and prompts?

I guess a better question would be, would someone look silly just posting one right now so late in the game?

I've always wanted to do something like this but lacked motivation.

Like Gargh was saying,it could always continue after April. So it seems beneficial all around to me!

I'm also trying to weasel my way into this because I've been fascinated from the beginning
    I believe it's the spirit that counts. I have to believe something because I missed two days in a row and may make it to three if I can't find the right rhyme.
    — Robert G. Allen

Doesn't have to be a prompt, doesn't have to be any good.
    Jumping in and try as you know you absolutely should.

Yup. Yup. Yup. Doesn't matter; just join in how much and whenever you want to. I like the fun of sharing prompts and setting time aside to let go of prose and get my head into a poetic space for a bit. Don't misunderstand, I like to tick all the boxes and get thirty poems in as well, but that's not the challenge, that's a habit of insanity.
    “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.”

It's not the ticking off of the boxes--it's the half-ideas I have for prompts that swirl around like mist and are equally difficult to grab hold of and work with.
    — Robert G. Allen