Coffeehouse Roundtable - Page 50

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40424344454647484950

Thread: Coffeehouse Roundtable

You avoid people but research carrion birds! Hannibal Lecter should take lesson. Actually, poem with such a subject could be very introspective or allusional.
    "Illegitimi non carborundum " Vinegar' Joe Stilwell

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." Martin Luther King Jr.

What you learn in life is important, those you help learn, are more important.

"They can because they think they can."
    ​Virgil

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools will speak to say something." Plato

"The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible."
    ​ Mark Twain

"To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you, too, can be president of the United States." George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Pelwrath View Post
    You avoid people but research carrion birds! Hannibal Lecter should take lesson. Actually, poem with such a subject could be very introspective or allusional.
    Carrion birds get a bad rap because they are one of nature's recyclers. Hyenas, same story, but it doesn't make them any less amazing as animals in their own right. The Lammargeyer or bearded vulture is one idea I had been kicking around for a while. That and a saying in African lore, the some vultures can fly so high, they fly beyond the present and look into the future. There have been cases of the Ruppell's Vulture of reaching soaring heights of more than 37,000 feet. The Lammergeyer is only slightly further down the list at 24,000 feet. To save the blues of the world, the raff and scaff of the realms must unite. Plundering pelicans, scoffed at rabbits, exiled hyenas, thieving macaques, and dodos. How can such a ramshackle collection of creatures save themselves, muchless, their world?

Just finished a piece using a rhyme, refrain pattern I've never tried before. Not sure if I love it or hate it. Primary A rhyme like the villanelle, but instead of the refrain word being on the closing line of each tercet, the refrain holds true in the second line of each tercet, with the closing tercet repeating the first line, but rhyming the refrain of the second line. Whacked out, just like our weather at the moment. Two remain...

Coming Soon: Kettle at the Bone Garden and the Councils of Flight.

The total now stands at 50.
    Last edited by Darkkin; April 29th, 2019 at 05:00 PM.

Last NaPoWriMo day, officially. Unofficially I give you a few more days to catch up if you haven't finished yet.
    By Friday this week I'll start counting and handing out the awards for everyone who completed the full 30 poems for this year
    You're almost there, go for it!

Well done to ALL the poets who participated in NaPO. It was heartening to see so many quality poems and the camaraderie between the poets.

A HUGE vote of thanks must go to our NaPo host, Darren, who has been amazing! How about we all give him a Reputation point by way of thanks
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

thank you Darren for running such a fun event -

I could only manage rhyming haiku! - and my admiration goes out to you and all the other poets who wrote proper poems throughout the month.
    grasp the mettle of things unsaid
    and strike the nail upon the head

yes thanks Darren, exactly how many poems have you read/written this last month?

Well done to all the participants, bloody hell some of the poems you guys produced were amazing!

Now to catch up on work!!!!

Kudos Darren for wearing so many hats this month. Well done!

Yes, great job of hosting and encouraging all of us, Darren!
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

I want to thank every single one of you for participating and making it a success. It was a marathon, but a good one. And I must say, one of my hats was reading all of your poetry, and I've seen so many great poems, it was a pleasure

You all have until tomorrow to finish unfinished work!