Coffeehouse Roundtable - Page 4

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffeehouse Roundtable

I'm looking at that one today, and think I might get more out of it by using lines from an unfinished story, perhaps. Usually I know outright whether something will be prose or poetry, but there's the odd one I think I may have got wrong and so I'm having a go at unpicking one. Unfortunately, that straddling of the line means it will most naturally be prose poetry and I'm really weak at that.
    “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.”

Time to call upon Nine again. My dream was dark, but it, too, was good. For I now know where the Tower of the Raven stood. I love nonsense.

With another weekend upcoming I'll be falling even further behind. Oh floppynubbins.

Okay, that abecedarian prompt is brutal. I innocently thought 'Oh 26 words? That will be the softer option for today. Take a little breather, you deserve it!' Apparently I was wrong. What I got was every word I wanted to use not fitting or starting with the wrong letter and having no discernible synonym. That's cruel.

Bleugh... shaking it off.

“Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.”

Quote Originally Posted by James 剣 斧 血 View Post
    With another weekend upcoming I'll be falling even further behind. Oh floppynubbins.
    Try a haiku or similar short form. They're easier to compose and/or edit away from the computer, in your head, and whilst your body's otherwise occupied.

Each day, I add a little bit more. It isn't great, it isn't grand...hell, it isn' even good, but it is mine. Maggie Miri Lowelle is among my favourite things I've written and her journey isn't over. Some stories are just meant to be.

Think I bit off a bit more than I can chew again today: too much data. I remember my mum (a far better poet than I) saying that she tries to strip each one down to just one or maybe two contrasting concepts or objects. Anything more over complicates the message/image. I never did listen to her.

I think I actually managed to empty out my head, for today at least, and generally that takes some doing. The stillness is a very rare thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    I think I actually managed to empty out my head, for today at least, and generally that takes some doing. The stillness is a very rare thing.
    Ah, well now at least you know what to do when you want to achieve it! Perhaps you could switch to only ever communicating through verse and achieve nirvana?

Today presented a dilemma: two ideas for one prompt, which to choose? One fit the prompt best, but the other became a far better poem and a clean first draft... I went with that.

This thread... I feel like I come here to confess my artistic sins.