Coffeehouse Roundtable - Page 40

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffeehouse Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Istine View Post
    Because I struggled with time management last year, doing it was a blast: writing the first things that came into my head, a quick edit, and post . From that, I did actually manage to extract three fairly reasonable poems so it wasn't a total loss.
    That's why I love NaPo... you write from stream of consciousness and don't have time to procrastinate. It's a great cure for writer's block I am going to do what I can... Surprise yourself!
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by EllaLouis View Post
    Thinking about it!
    Excellent! We had such fun last year... felt like running a marathon but we got there!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewclunn View Post
    Alright, I'm in. Thursdays will be my cheat days (as in I'll do a haiku).
    That's great! you can help me persuade EllaLouise

*Laughing HAiku... I find that really challenging. LAst time I wrote one it took several days.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Brown View Post
    What do you have to do? Is it just a different poem each day or do you have to use different poetic forms each day for a month? I am thinking of joining this year but I'm not sure of what it entails.
    Hiya, Hannah. It's 30 poems in 30 days. Can be any form you want so it's no pressure. We have some prompts <here >f you get stuck for ideas and we will add to them over the next few weeks
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

What do you have to do? Is it just a different poem each day or do you have to use different poetic forms each day for a month? I am thinking of joining this year but I'm not sure of what it entails.
    Thirty poems in thirty days. It needn't be one a day. Last year one poet finished in about two weeks and another (me) needed ten in the last two days.
    There are no rules about form. Everything is poet's choice. The only rule is that they must be started and finished in the month of April - no modifying of previous work.

It isn't necessarily about quality, though so much the better if you achieve that. Some of my offerings were dire, but I did go back to a few of them at a later date and improved them. Best of all, I had a great laugh doing it. I needed to resort to micro-poetry to make it to thirty. If you want some terrible examples, mine from last year are linked from this thread.
    If I can get away with that, anything goes .

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys looks like I'm in. Be challenge but a fun one.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Thanks guys looks like I'm in. Be challenge but a fun one.
    that's great. The important thing is to make it fun and support and motivate each other.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Probably going to try again, this year. Psyching myself up for it!
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    that's great. The important thing is to make it fun and support and motivate each other.
    Motivate and support others, well Pip I'm sure I can manage that. I'm looking forward to it. As you said lets surprise ourselves.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Probably going to try again, this year. Psyching myself up for it!
    Motivate and support others, well Pip I'm sure I can manage that. I'm looking forward to it. As you said lets surprise ourselves.
    Excellent!
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

BTW: As astroannie has retired and moved on, we have a new host Poor thing was ambushed...
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    BTW: As astroannie has retired and moved on, we have a new host Poor thing was ambushed...
    Who you ambushed Pip?