Coffeehouse Roundtable - Page 3

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffeehouse Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by James 剣 斧 血 View Post
    Well, a lack of internet has given me some catching up to do... I'll post an extra piece a day until I've done so.
    I expect you were still writing while not posting.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    — Robert G. Allen

Quote Originally Posted by astroannie View Post
    I expect you were still writing while not posting.
    Hmm... My Game of Thrones box set got a lot of use at least.

Quote Originally Posted by James 剣 斧 血 View Post
    Hmm... My Game of Thrones box set got a lot of use at least.
    Were you hitting yourself over the head for not rereading the books instead with it? ;p
    “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gargh View Post
    Were you hitting yourself over the head for not rereading the books instead with it? ;p
    I got pretty bored with them :/ I'm on the third book and I just kinda put it down and left it. The Malazan Books Of The Fallen by Steven Erikson are a much better read in my opinion.

Oh no... you do have to love them to slog through the half-book nonsense I suppose! I've not read the Malazan books, but I am reliably informed by one who has that they can be a bit arduous...?
    “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.”

My Nightwish album came in today! Forcing my brain down into neutral just listening, then...then, it will fly. This group's music was a driving force behind Fleetfoot: Lore of the Aerial Dancer. That piece of poetry is a trip into the heart of chaos. This is my muse music.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargh View Post
    Oh no... you do have to love them to slog through the half-book nonsense I suppose! I've not read the Malazan books, but I am reliably informed by one who has that they can be a bit arduous...?
    Imagine the onions in gravy and boiled leather clothing replaced with deep conversations about the meaning of the character's existence and you're about there. Another noticeable difference I'd say is more time is spent setting things up (about half the book) before things really happen, whereas ASOIAF sets something up to happen relatively soon. Although both have an over-arcing plot. There's a related series by the world co-creator Ian C. Esslemont which is a bit lighter but I'm rather more inclined to Erikson's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    My Nightwish album came in today! Forcing my brain down into neutral just listening, then...then, it will fly. This group's music was a driving force behind Fleetfoot: Lore of the Aerial Dancer. That piece of poetry is a trip into the heart of chaos. This is my muse music.
    Which album did you get?

Endless Forms Most Beautiful. Music is my muse and these results are bleak and speaking. Maggie's ride is done, but the story isn't over. With luck, the second half will be done by tonight and I've laid the foundation work for Echo and Lore. Linear narratives are addicting, I know there is no market for them, but I love the stories I find in the Strangeways to Nowhere.
    Last edited by Darkkin; April 7th, 2015 at 05:40 PM.

My runaway cliche of the day is up. Echo and Lore are on deck for tomorrow.

So I'm looking at #31 ... about finding something unpublished and using 3 lines from it. Holy cow, that's tough. I used to participate in a poetry forum on a regular basis so the very vast majority of my stuff is Out There. Now, I know it says "unpublished" but editors tend to consider a piece that's on the Internet as "published" so I'm struggling. I'm uncovering lost gems though.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    — Robert G. Allen