Coffeehouse Roundtable - Page 39
Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
    lol, I just need a round tuit.

About awe... it was discussed and determined that Groups are better suited. We'll figure out where to put the stickies to make people aware.

About 7in7 ... poll will be forthcoming ...

I really was eaten .... it's seductively easy because the regular challenges are itty-bitty baby steps so I can polish of several in rapid-fire succession. The projects are tougher--but interesting (which is its own peril). I also interview Tuesday for a volunteer position and I'm gearing up for that.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    — Robert G. Allen

Quote Originally Posted by astroannie View Post
    l
    About awe... it was discussed and determined that Groups are better suited. We'll figure out where to put the stickies to make people aware.

A.
    I am intrigued - what is 'awe'? Please can you link to the discussion?
    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

John Lydgate

Annie
    What an esoteric niche life you lead!!
    Back in the day, I did hang out with a programmer and learnt the basics only of the poetry of Pascal.
    And they say GOD moves in mysterious ways...! Try cold pizza eating programmers!
    -----
    NaPoWriMo Medallist twice. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    I am intrigued - what is 'awe'? Please can you link to the discussion?
    It's -xXx-'s thing ... see prior pages of this discussion. The "we should do it as a group" was PM. I'll PM you and catch you up.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    — Robert G. Allen

Any Sevens coming up, that one week per month thing?
    Being selfish, as I need a push--

BUT I would volunteer to crit (I only do kind, so call it comment/cheer on as during NaPo!) each and every one, as things are sloooow here in summer...
    -----
    NaPoWriMo Medallist twice. Just sayin'.

April is looming on the horizon and so is NaPoWriMo. Who's up for this year's challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by astroannie View Post
    NaPoWriMo is National Poetry Writing Month. Celebrated in April, it is a challenge for poets to create 30 poems in 30 days.

Any form is welcome. Any style, too. The only criterion is that it be poetry.

Each poem should be posted in its own thread. You may post your work to this board or, if you wish to retain first rights, in the NaPoWriMo Workshop. Comments and critique are encouraged.

To make it easier to keep track of your own work, you are encouraged to post ONE personal thread with links to all of your NaPoWriMo work in EITHER this board or the workshop. Give it a descriptive name like Your name NaPoWriMo 2018 so we know what it is. You can then add a post to it when you add a new poem.

Those who complete the 30 poems in 30 days challenge will receive the Quotidian Poet Award which will be revealed at the conclusion of the challenge.

Many questions have already been answered in the Q&A thread. If you don't see your particular question already answered, that is the place to ask.
    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

John Lydgate

Thinking about it!

Alright, I'm in. Thursdays will be my cheat days (as in I'll do a haiku).
    I find that my lack of knowledge can sometimes be an asset in that I'm forced to try new things because I don't have any other options.

Blog Entries
    What do you have to do? Is it just a different poem each day or do you have to use different poetic forms each day for a month? I am thinking of joining this year but I'm not sure of what it entails.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Thousand Words group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.

New Writers Bunch
    A fun group of like minded new writers.

Young WritersA place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Literary Maneuvers Coffee Shop and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Once again, time won't be on my side this year. I don't rule out doing NaPo, but see how it goes .
    Because I struggled with time management last year, doing it was a blast: writing the first things that came into my head, a quick edit, and post . From that, I did actually manage to extract three fairly reasonable poems so it wasn't a total loss.