Coffeehouse Roundtable - Page 2

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffeehouse Roundtable

I'll agree with what these guys said. Although I'd like to see poems that have a forward and backward narrative added to the prompt list.

Quote Originally Posted by James 剣 斧 血 View Post
    I'll agree with what these guys said. Although I'd like to see poems that have a forward and backward narrative added to the prompt list.
    Eek! I might feel brave enough to try something that complex nearer the end of the month... maybe.
    “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.”

I have way too much nonsense rattling around in my head. Order from the chaos, I have yet to see it, but hope remains. Always themes harkening back to an obscure reference point. I have one, but I tend to loose it. Not a good habit to have with poetry, but the hunt keeps me writing. It will be interesting to see what the rest of this month brings.

Likewise. Some ideas I have demand to be written as prose, and they're fairly well-behaved, but the ones that want to be poems? They stick their tongue out and run.

I find it tough doing this challenge generally, posting stuff I've hardly had time to work on or think about. It feels quite vulnerable in many ways, but liberating in others. I guess it is very similar to NaNoWriMo in that regard.
    “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gargh View Post
    I find it tough doing this challenge generally, posting stuff I've hardly had time to work on or think about. It feels quite vulnerable in many ways, but liberating in others. I guess it is very similar to NaNoWriMo in that regard.
    Oh my, yes. All of this. I try to be softer on critique with NaPoWriMo pieces because I understand this.

On the one hand, you can't overthink--you don't have time. On the other....my piece today has a cliche I'm not proud of but I don't know if I'll have time to fix it as I'm going to a friend's house to help her upgrade her computer.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    — Robert G. Allen

I have run mad, quite mad...

Well, that piece certainly took on a whole new meaning. It started off as a spoof... At least I've made peace with that particular issue. There is power in something as simple as a balance ball. Not quite sure where I would be without mine, not sure I really want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    Well, that piece certainly took on a whole new meaning.
    The stories I could tell...

Sometimes the muse has her way with you. It just is.

One story: My daughter's bf broke up with her about a week ago. They're teens, but have been together since middle school. This reminded me of my own middle-school bf, who was a real jerk, but a smart jerk (and my jerk) and, at the time, I didn't know a lot of smart people outside my family. He turned 16 and dropped out of school. Since it was a residential school, I never saw him again (I was 14). That's where my absence piece came from. I wasn't going to write about him--ever. I thought I'd closed the book on him. But my daughter's situation brought back his absence and, guess what? it didn't hurt.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    — Robert G. Allen

Well, a lack of internet has given me some catching up to do... I'll post an extra piece a day until I've done so.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast