Coffeehouse Roundtable - Page 24

Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14161718192021222324252627282930313234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffeehouse Roundtable

I'm gonna try the challenge this year!

Highlay's hammer is poised to strike, and the Juggernaut is stirring.

It's April down here now.

I am also going to participate. Just waiting for midnight to strike before I start scribbling ... It usually takes me a week to write one poem so last year I allowed myself just one hour a day. What I wrote in that hour was posted with a view to edit later.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I've been recipe-ing ... my vendor was not working with me and I was having ... issues. I should have had my blog up Wednesday.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    Robert G. Allen

I wrote a short poem as soon as I woke up, about strawberry daiquiris. I'm now going to have a nap and then drink some strawberry daiquiris. This is optimum conditions for creativity.

ooo, I love me a good strawberry daiquiri. But not at 8:30 which is the time here. I have mountain dew. Caffeine, not alcohol. Though you've given me an idea for a rhyme...

the hickory daiquiri doc
    would start smoking at seven o'clock
    folks would line up to eat
    his delicious smoked meat
    but his signature treat was his ....
    Robert G. Allen

I was going to participate this year, but wife went into hospital and I'm helping her recovery. I probably have enough material in my poetry journal, but with the situation I may only have the energy for an occasional poem in the regular workshop. Right now I'm utterly exhausted. She's on meds of course, and a visiting nurse and physical therapy guy are coming so hoping for her health to improve later. Good luck to everyone.

Tony
    "Self-righteousness never straddles the political fence."

Midnightpoet

"The bible says to love your neighbor. It's obvious that over the centuries it has been interpreted as the opposite."
    (sarcasm alert)

Midnightpoet

Hidden Content Hidden Content

So sorry! Mojo to your wife... hoping you can sneak in something today as a placeholder and catch up later in the month (if the rules allow -- I think they do?)

Ella
    -----
    NaPoWriMo Medallist twice. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by EllaLouis View Post
    So sorry! Mojo to your wife... hoping you can sneak in something today as a placeholder and catch up later in the month (if the rules allow -- I think they do?)

Ella
    it's 30-in-30 not a-poem-a-day so yes.
    Robert G. Allen