Welcome to WF NaPoWriMo - Q&A

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to WF NaPoWriMo - Q&A

Welcome to WF NaPoWriMo - Q&A

April is National Poetry Month. Some people like to do a poem-a-day as a celebration and challenge.

This is the place for it.

Each poem deserves its own thread, but posting that many in a short period of time in the main poetry areas would flood them. Not wanting that to happen, this board has been created for the purpose of allowing members to post their poem-a-day in April and get comments/critique without disrupting the regular flow. And to allow them to post one-to-a-thread instead of as chain posts.

Any questions go here.
    Last edited by astroannie; March 18th, 2016 at 11:32 PM.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    — Robert G. Allen

Does a poem have to stem from a prompt or can it be partially or entirely poet's discression?

Prompts are optional; writing a poem a day is the core requirement.

Personally, I find the prompts more challenging; they take me a little further out of my skin and I love reading other people's interpretations.
    “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.”

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    Does a poem have to stem from a prompt or can it be partially or entirely poet's discression?
    As Gargh says, the idea is to do a poem-a-day. Whether you go with a prompt is optional.

I like prompts because it gives me direction. Writer's block, for me, is having too many ideas and not being able to pin them. Prompts help with that.
    — Robert G. Allen

are periodic posts acceptable? my concern is access to a computer. there are days when i write manually, but can't get to a computer to input them for 2-3 days. my longest streak has been a little over 120 days before i drop a day and begin again. please advise.

Sure. The main thing is 30 in 30 and I totally understand about not being near a computer. I had some of that last year.

Just catch up when you can.
    — Robert G. Allen

deal!! XD <3

I'd love to be part of this.
    ***applauds***

Question: Is there an official Board Time, or can we all go by midnight our time as the deadline? (Maybe it said somewhere, but couldn't find anything on that.)
    -----
    NaPoWriMo Medallist twice. Just sayin'.

Reckon I'll give this another shot, not had much inspiration at the moment. My final year tests start within in the month so I may stress out and disappear again, though hopefully not.

Quote Originally Posted by EllaLouis View Post
    Question: Is there an official Board Time, or can we all go by midnight our time as the deadline? (Maybe it said somewhere, but couldn't find anything on that.)
    I was thinking we'd go by local time. See my comment about missing a day or few...weather, ISP glitches, balky computers, or other issues can take people offline at inconvenient times.

This is supposed to be FUN! And there will be an award to go under your avatar if you can do the whole thing.
    — Robert G. Allen

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast