Welcome to WF NaPoWriMo - Q&A - Page 5

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Welcome to WF NaPoWriMo - Q&A

Maybe focusing on your writing will give your mind something different to focus on... maybeeee.... Sending good vibes your way... take care of yourself...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by astroannie View Post
    April is National Poetry Month. Some people like to do a poem-a-day as a celebration and challenge.

This is the place for it.

Each poem deserves its own thread, but posting that many in a short period of time in the main poetry areas would flood them. Not wanting that to happen, this board has been created for the purpose of allowing members to post their poem-a-day in April and get comments/critique without disrupting the regular flow. And to allow them to post one-to-a-thread instead of as chain posts.

Any questions go here.
    I do have a question. When I create a thread, do I just go to the Workshop Thread and create one from there then post all my poetry under that thread?

Also, does the competition start the first of each month? How does that work?
    At last! No longer will I live another one's beat and song.
    Into ashes, Iíll return, and be it held by loved ones.
    Ceased will life liven me of breathe again to lust.
    Speak of it no more, of love, to whom, Iíve yet bequeath.
    ~Carlita

April is the only time they run National Poetry Writing Month. Basically, the challenge is to write 30 poems in 30 days, akin to National Novel Writing Month in November, which is to do 50,000 words in 30 days.

You can do the single thread version in the NaPoWriMo workshop or post individual pieces to this forum or the linked workshop area. Do not post pieces for NaPoWriMo to the regular poetry or poetry workshop forums, as that will cause forum flooding for those not participating in the poetry challenge.

Most poets do a seperate thread for each piece as it is easier for them. I'm one of a minority who runs a self contained thread, given the magnitude of the pieces involved.

If you post to the linked workshop area, you can post an index thread to this forum, so you have a central access point to your individual pieces.

And what is the difference between this forum and the linked workshop area? The workshop area is not visible to search engines or non-members. It is used to preserve a writer's first right of publication. If a piece is posted to this unprotected forum, it is considered published.

Thanks Darkkin
    More about how it works you can find in the top posts (marked: important) on this forum.
    A handy one is this one:
    https://www.writingforums.com/thread...Posts-Computer

And yes, NaPoWriMo is only one month every year, April.
    Welcome!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

I am a clay potato in a strawberry field
    -Darren White, from "Clumsy"

And thank the poetic gods it is only one month! That said, I’d like to offer my esteemed thanks, honors and respect to all who started NaPoWriMo this year. I wasn’t able to read as many as I hoped but I’ll have a lot of good poetry to read now. For those that finished, I have this to say: “They’re coming to take us away ho ho he he, To the funny farm...”
    "Illegitimi non carborundum " Vinegar' Joe Stilwell

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." Martin Luther King Jr.

What you learn in life is important, those you help learn, are more important.

"They can because they think they can."
    ​Virgil

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools will speak to say something." Plato

"The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible."
    ​ Mark Twain

"To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you, too, can be president of the United States." George W. Bush

If you like, Pel, we can make it a NaPoWriYe (jk)

I am a clay potato in a strawberry field
    -Darren White, from "Clumsy"

You free formed, sonettized, oderrific, limericked, balladsstered, genius!
    "Illegitimi non carborundum " Vinegar' Joe Stilwell

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." Martin Luther King Jr.

What you learn in life is important, those you help learn, are more important.

"They can because they think they can."
    ​Virgil

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools will speak to say something." Plato

"The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible."
    ​ Mark Twain

"To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you, too, can be president of the United States." George W. Bush

Thanks, Darren, for your help - I did this for fun to see if it sparked some ideas and it did work, wrote more than i thought. About halfway through I ran out of steam but I also ran into bronchitis which didn't help. Also thanks for the advice everyone (cough).
    "Self-righteousness never straddles the political fence."

Midnightpoet

"If it weren't for sin, what would we write about?"

Midnightpoet

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345