Welcome to WF NaPoWriMo - Q&A - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to WF NaPoWriMo - Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by astroannie View Post
    • PrinzeCharming is doing his warmups in a blog. That would be one option.

Annie, I created a NaPoWriMo Warm Up! thread. If anyone is interested in doing anything leading up to the big event as a community, rather than an individual blog, detour them there. It's more engaging as a community. I'll be posting more content in there today.

Thanks!

- Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by PrinzeCharming View Post
    Annie, I created a NaPoWriMo Warm Up! thread. If anyone is interested in doing anything leading up to the big event as a community, rather than an individual blog, detour them there. It's more engaging as a community. I'll be posting more content in there today.

Thanks!

- Anthony
    Excellent. I'd like to encourage those who want to warm up to find their comfy space and stretch their poetic muscles.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    Robert G. Allen

Be it refrigerated ta suggestify prompticles in yer prompticle rope?

Quote Originally Posted by James 剣 斧 血 View Post
    Be it refrigerated ta suggestify prompticles in yer prompticle rope?
    Please post prompt suggestions to the prompt thread and I'll edit them in.
    Robert G. Allen

Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but have they considered a possible award for doing more than say, five or more different forms of poetry over the course of the month as a part of the half and full marathons? This is something that quite a few of the participants are taking part in. We've seen diamante, villanelle, sestina, treza rima, quatrain, limerick, hiaku, senryu, triolet, narratives, ballade, and free verse. Rarely do we see such diversity in such a short space of time and it has been quite a treat thus far. Write on versatile versers! Write on!

Just some thoughts.

- Darkkin, the Tedious
    Last edited by Darkkin; April 8th, 2016 at 03:47 PM.

We should totally do that as a separate, non NaPo thing I think. Only have it be some larger number (suggestions welcome). I like the idea that it encourages exploration.
    Robert G. Allen

Quote Originally Posted by astroannie View Post
    As Gargh says, the idea is to do a poem-a-day. Whether you go with a prompt is optional.

I like prompts because it gives me direction. Writer's block, for me, is having too many ideas and not being able to pin them. Prompts help with that.

I ... think I am going to join the fun this year... I have never participated before.. and I hope to use the prompts, because, like you said... "having too many ideas and not pinning them down is like writer's block"... sometimes, my thoughts are chaotic, and I think using the prompt will help me focus... I also hope to use my PiP challenge skills and use those forms that I have mastered [sorta]...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

If you can come up with some good prompts, add them to the thread and I'll put them in the list. I'm having issues with editing it but I'm sure the tech deities will square them away.
    Robert G. Allen

OK, one thing I will use as some of my prompts, is Terry D's photography ...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

I did participate last year but very much doubt that I will be up for 30 in 30 this year as there is a lot going on in real life.

Sorry to sound a bit negative. Life is difficult right now.
    I'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by Phil Istine; March 21st, 2017 at 07:35 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast