Welcome to WF NaPoWriMo - Q&A - Page 3

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to WF NaPoWriMo - Q&A

As to the 30 in 30, these can be posted on nonconsecutive days, correct? It isn't going to be...When the bell toils one, you have missed your day and therefore everything that has come before is now null and void. I'm under the assumption it is similar to NaNoWriMo, where as long as you get 50,000 words in the allotted 30 days you don't turn into a pumpkin, essentially that there is no quota per day. It would stand one in good stead to do one per day, then you aren't scrambling, but it isn't a requirement, is it?
    Last edited by Darkkin; March 24th, 2016 at 01:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    I'm kind of interested to join because this will test your SANITY. haha.
    I've been lurking around the posts made last year and I can't quite get where to post your poem.

"We will all laugh at gilded butterflies."

"Sometimes I can feel my bones straining
    under the weight of all the lives I'm not living."
    Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Ecclesiastes 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief:
    and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Poem threads you don't want to workshop can go here: http://www.writingforums.com/forums/230-NaPoWriMo . Basically, start a thread in the NaPoWriMo forum, just like you would in the standard poetry forum. By posting it here, NaPo poems won't get lost among the regular posts to the main poetry forum.

If you want to keep first rights to your work then you can post a thread to the NaPoWriMo Workshop subforum found here: http://www.writingforums.com/forums/...WriMo-Workshop .

NaPo poems...These are not going to go whoosh like napalm are they?
    Last edited by Darkkin; March 25th, 2016 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    As to the 30 in 30, these can be posted on nonconsecutive days, correct? It isn't going to be...When the bell toils one, you have missed your day and therefore everything that has come before is now null and void. I'm under the assumption it is similar to NaNoWriMo, where as long as you get 50,000 words in the allotted 30 days you don't turn into a pumpkin, essentially that there is no quota per day. It would stand one in good stead to do one per day, then you aren't scrambling, but it isn't a requirement, is it?
    Essentially, yes. 30-in-30. If you loll around for 29 days and knock off 30 in one, you've still done it. I do not recommend this approach.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    Robert G. Allen

Hey, I like procrastinating as much as the next guy, but not that much... Talk about a NaPoem Bomb...

I like your avi, astro

Can we all use it, please?
    Hidden Content

Learn more about poet, T.L. Murphy and his recently published poetry book
    'Hidden Content '.
    Check out his interview
    <<Hidden Content >>

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    I like your avi, astro

Can we all use it, please?
    If you'd like.
    Robert G. Allen

astroannie, Queen and Boss of NaPoWriMo here,
    Would it be OK to put up a thread a little in advance, a way of anticipating and getting more people committed as well?
    Would a catchy title be acceptable, like Ella Romps to Victory (hmm, that would jinx it)?

(I warmed up on the moon the other night, got a poem sort of... Will put it in the warm-up thread).

EllaLouis
    -----
    NaPoWriMo Medallist twice. Just sayin'.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Opening your thread should be okay. Jinxing it--maybe not.

As for warming up ... thus spake annie ...
    • PrinzeCharming is doing his warmups in a blog. That would be one option.
    • Another option would be to post poems in the regular poetry spaces.
    • If you want to do a running free-for-all/throw-down/slam-type of warm-up, you might consider the Poetry Prompts and Word Games.

Posting non-NaPoWriMo poetry in the NaPoWriMo space is a recipe for confusion.
    Robert G. Allen

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast