Welcome to WF NaPoWriMo - Q&A - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to WF NaPoWriMo - Q&A

Great, local time it is. And excellent that you allow for glitches and stuff -- thirty days is a long time in poetry!

Edit: ***Eyes impressive array of awards under astroannie's avatar -- dreams of May 1st***
    -----
    NaPoWriMo Medallist twice. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by EllaLouis View Post
    Great, local time it is. And excellent that you allow for glitches and stuff -- thirty days is a long time in poetry!
    I'll post a thread on May one for people to claim their award. I'll verify and then pass the names up to the award-pinners.

Edit: ***Eyes impressive array of awards under astroannie's avatar -- dreams of May 1st***
    I've been here almost five years. So some of that is just hanging around long enough and participating. There's an Awards Page under Quick Links that lists all the awards, who has them, and what they're for. Maybe you're eligible for one or two and just need to let us know.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    Robert G. Allen

These can be any type of poem, not just the list of suggestion from the NaPoWriMo, correct? Just 30 in 30? If it is just the 30/30, I'm good to go. I've been blocking foundations for a couple of weeks, so I have something to build on. And we are allowed to go a couple of days between poems, correct?

I did the pieces of Echo and Miri last year. This year, I'm hoping to try the pantoum again, as well as, delve deeper into the morass of the 'Ways.
    Last edited by Darkkin; March 23rd, 2016 at 02:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    This sounds fun!

"We will all laugh at gilded butterflies."

"Sometimes I can feel my bones straining
    under the weight of all the lives I'm not living."
    Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Ecclesiastes 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief:
    and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by astroannie View Post
    I'll post a thread on May one for people to claim their award. I'll verify and then pass the names up to the award-pinners.
    You seem to have this all worked out! (Awards after a couple of weeks? Of messing up limericks? I am certainly gonna check! ***feels encouraged***)
    -----
    NaPoWriMo Medallist twice. Just sayin'.

Given that it looks like there will be more poets involved this year, does each poem need to be posted to a separate thread in the designated area, or are we allowed, (within the designated areas) to post a single, self contained thread, (the name of the poet being the title of the thread) with the date and title of the poem in each subsequent post.

For me, it helps, keeping things a little more organized, but it also provides a tangible footprint of how far one has come over the course of time. I've liked how the premise has worked with my pond in the YPS and given how I write, it saves a lot of time scrolling, looking for a thread or flipping through files on my computer. Just some thoughts.

- D. the T.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    Given that it looks like there will be more poets involved this year, does each poem need to be posted to a separate thread in the designated area, or are we allowed, (within the designated areas) to post a single, self contained thread, (the name of the poet being the title of the thread) with the date and title of the poem in each subsequent post.
    Well, technically, each creative work deserves its own thread. Yes, it'll get crowded here. That's why we have this space and the special room in the workshop--so that we don't clutter up the main poetry areas.

What I plan to do (note you don't have to copy me) is to have a thread called annie's NaPoWriMo or similar and put links to each of my poems in there. So people can find all of my stuff in one place. That way, the comments won't get jumbled, if, for example, someone comments on my second poem on day fifteen.

For me, it helps, keeping things a little more organized, but it also provides a tangible footprint of how far one has come over the course of time. I've liked how the premise has worked with my pond in the YPS and given how I write, it saves a lot of time scrolling, looking for a thread or flipping through files on my computer. Just some thoughts.

- D. the T.
    Another option, if you're not going to use the workshop, is to do your 30 in 30 in your blog. The big picture is we don't want to impose on the folks who aren't doing the challenge. Or a combination. I'm all for organization--but different people have differing ideas of what that means.

And the award is for sharing your 30 in 30, not for posting them on this board, specifically. So your blog would be fine. I also think you can count your Pippery poem as one of your 30 (if you write one).
    Robert G. Allen

Quote Originally Posted by EllaLouis View Post
    You seem to have this all worked out! (Awards after a couple of weeks? Of messing up limericks? I am certainly gonna check! ***feels encouraged***)
    Some awards are for verifiable real-world accomplishments, rather than forum activity.
    Robert G. Allen

I think I'll stick with a thread in the workshop subforum, it offers the best option for me. Out of sight, self-contained, but there...Contest pieces will be separate, to be posted to their appropriate threads.
    Last edited by Darkkin; March 23rd, 2016 at 07:52 PM.

Sorry, I missed this the first time ...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    These can be any type of poem, not just the list of suggestion from the NaPoWriMo, correct? Just 30 in 30? If it is just the 30/30, I'm good to go. I've been blocking foundations for a couple of weeks, so I have something to build on. And we are allowed to go a couple of days between poems, correct?

I did the pieces of Echo and Miri last year. This year, I'm hoping to try the pantoum again, as well as, delve deeper into the morass of the 'Ways.
    Yes, they can be anything but prose. Prompts are for those who prefer to have them. We've got a new set of prompts for this year that I'll be posting soon.
    Robert G. Allen

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast