The Purple Pippery - Welcome and General Discussions - Page 139
Page 139 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3989129131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1478
    It may be my fault. I made a second revision after I got critique on my first revision
    I'm so used to making more than one revision, that I totally forgot that is not allowed in the challenge.
    So.... I can just delete the second revision, and then all is good, yes?
    "Sign language is the equal of speech, lending itself equally to the rigorous and the poetic, to philosophical analysis or to making love."
    - Oliver Sacks

Midnight, this is a workshop challenge, with the focus on IMPROVMENT.... so you can revise as many times as needed, until the deadline. After the winner is announced, you are welcome to comment on the improved poems... Thank you for your patience... I am still working out the kinks...and... thank you for not lynching me, I am sorry for the confusion...
    Check out the exciting Poetry Hill !!

If you are a writer, reach a reader
    If you are a fighter, teach a leader
    If you are a lover, touch a leper
    If this has helped you, thank you, reader

If you can read this, teach a thinker

Author: Lynn Loschky

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren White View Post
    It may be my fault. I made a second revision after I got critique on my first revision
    I'm so used to making more than one revision, that I totally forgot that is not allowed in the challenge.
    So.... I can just delete the second revision, and then all is good, yes?
    You can revise as many times as needed, until the deadline... I am still revising my poem, but I have not moved it up to my OP...

Author unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    Thank you for your patience... I am still working out the kinks...and... thank you for not lynching me, I am sorry for the confusion...
    LoL. Having run a poetry contest in the dim and distant past I appreciate the effort involved, it only looks quick and easy. Thank you, firemajic.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    http://www.oliverbuckle.com/

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. http://www.writingforums.com/threads...Piglet-s-Picks

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    LoL. Having run a poetry contest in the dim and distant past I appreciate the effort involved, it only looks quick and easy. Thank you, firemajic.
    Thank you, Olly the Pip challenge has always be supported by a fabulous team.... I could not do it alone...

Author unknown.

New Poets, don't forget to check out the Poetry Hill, and the Pip challenge... we also have a private group called "The Young Poets Society".... If you want more info, feel free to ask here, in this thread, or PM me... I will be happy to help

Poets, I need your help with ideas for the March Pip challenge....please...

Author unknown.

If you, the esteemed poets of WF, are interested in the Pip challenge continuing... please let me know... I would love feedback and ideas for the future of the Pip...The challenge is for YOU... it was created for YOU... it is about you...I am happy to do my part, but I NEED YOUR participation....

Author unknown.

Fire, I would love to, but I have so much on my plate already. Outside my WF tasks, I am about 50% of my life in hospital, and it's just not possible to be any more active than I already am, I am really sorry...
    "Sign language is the equal of speech, lending itself equally to the rigorous and the poetic, to philosophical analysis or to making love."
    - Oliver Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    If you, the esteemed poets of WF, are interested in the Pip challenge continuing... please let me know... I would love feedback and ideas for the future of the Pip...The challenge is for YOU... it was created for YOU... it is about you...I am happy to do my part, but I NEED YOUR participation....
    What do you need, Fire? Ideas for the April Pip? Everything seems to be running along just fine. The poems in the March challenge are getting lots of critiques and suggestions and the poets seem happy and engaged. I can come up with some suggestions for April if that would be helpful. Once started, others will probably join in with more ideas. Maybe we could create a calendar for the whole year - we did that before, if you remember. Then the challenges will be set and you won't have to go through the discussion every month. Would that help?

jen

Just starting out on the adventure of poetry? Why not join us on
    Poetry Hill where you will receive one-to-one advice and suggestions for ways to work with your poem.

My Poems

Quote Originally Posted by Darren White View Post
    Fire, I would love to, but I have so much on my plate already. Outside my WF tasks, I am about 50% of my life in hospital, and it's just not possible to be any more active than I already am, I am really sorry...

Yes, you do have your plate FULL.... and I respect your unselfish attitude, I am here, if you need me... and I mean that....

Quote Originally Posted by jenthepen View Post
    What do you need, Fire? Ideas for the April Pip? Everything seems to be running along just fine. The poems in the March challenge are getting lots of critiques and suggestions and the poets seem happy and engaged. I can come up with some suggestions for April if that would be helpful. Once started, others will probably join in with more ideas. Maybe we could create a calendar for the whole year - we did that before, if you remember. Then the challenges will be set and you won't have to go through the discussion every month. Would that help?

jen

Thank you, jen... I need to know what the poets want....

Author unknown.