Kind of scared - Page 5

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kind of scared

Quote Originally Posted by popsprocket View Post
    His eyes are pretty intense. I'm not saying I'm into men, but for realsies:

Mmmmmmm... Were we discussing something? Oh!

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    Pidge...you WILL always be pidge, fabulous, inspirational, courageous and just plain wonderful, and I adore you. Peace my friend...Jul
    I adore you too! ^__^ thank you so much. For real.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Spatola View Post
    Hey, Pidge: did you know another name for the common pidgeon is a rock dove? Maybe you picked that name . . . or maybe it picked you.

Bruno wins the thread. Boom. Shot to the heart.

Well it definitely picked me. It's my last name. I love the hidden beauty in it though. I love the new meaning you given it!
    "I like working with first time directors because they don't really know the rules yet. And therefore don't know any limits."
    -Sir Ben Kingsley

Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeon84 View Post
    @Schrody: Are suggesting that there be some people who don't like my favorite shirt?!

Attachment 7789
    Dunno
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

I was educated at an all boys boarding school, a testosterone incubator, and I concluded that I'm not that impressed by testosterone junkies. I did meet plenty of neuter minds there though and that made the experience worthwhile. I think that my mind has always been neuter while my body has done its masculine thing in the past but now I'm getting much older my body seems to be agreeing with my mind that being neuter is quite acceptable.

A friend told me that a girlfriend of his had given him a dress as a present but he'd never had the courage to wear it. To my mind he'd never had the figure either and I would have considered the proposition quite acceptable if he'd lost some weight first, so give some thought to your wardrobe. We are our minds. Beyond that we choose the clothes that we wear, the way that we adorn, pierce and impale our flesh, so what does it matter what flesh we choose to wear? Very little to my mind. It's just a question of what we feel comfortable in, thinks he having tried walking in his wife's stilettos. That's feasible as we both take the same size shoes by the way. To understand a man one is advised to walk a mile in his shoes, but I would never get anywhere near that far in some of the things that some women wear. As I said, it's what makes us feel comfortable, but also we need to consider what makes those around us whose company we value feel comfortable. When people talk about needing courage to "come out" I wonder whether they understand entirely that it is others who have to take courage as well in openly displaying their attitudes to the revelation. People prefer to sit quietly on the fence and can be disquieted when forced to face the decision. If you are happy that the people that matter to you will be happy then there is no down side there though.

This gender game is a strange one. I was in a mental hospital for a while in my youth and I met a homosexual there, in the days when such a thing was considered an illness. He was a great conversationalist and invited me into his padded cell, the room that he'd chosen to occupy himself as it was soundproof and excluded the noise from the rest of the ward, I hasten to add. He assured me that I was quite safe as he didn't fancy me. Despite being decidedly heterosexual I felt put out by this, having always assumed that I had some choice in the matter even if I'd already made my choice at that boarding school. He complained that he'd been assigned to the ugliest female psychiatrist in the hospital and that she was an aversion therapy herself that would avert him from ever becoming a heterosexual. I recollect that her nail varnish was just a single stripe hastily drawn down the centre of each nail, but then she clearly didn't feel the need to spend much time adorning the sow's ear that was her body. Contrarily for my part my psychiatrist was a gorgeously elegant Indian lady who wore fabulous saris, someone who could have won him over in an instant. I did wonder whether these people really understood the human mind. They decided that I could leave that place when the assessment panel questioning me fell off their seats in laughter and realised that my affliction was highly infectious but probably a good thing for society. Humour doesn't cure the madness of humanity but it makes it far more tolerable.

A change of clothes or a change of flesh, where's the difference in the end? Choose well and I wish you well with your choice and always remember that a sense of humour will overcome many obstacles and open many doors.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

@Rob

That's such a good way of looking at it. I think a sense of humor is something I've developed because I've realized that it's kind of the most important thing in overcoming obstacles. Though it's funny how much importance I've placed in the simple change of wardrobe. It seems like a rather small thing, but I've put a lot of weight on it. Maybe too much. Though I think you, Rob, and the others have shown me that's it's maybe not SO important. So thank you.
    "I like working with first time directors because they don't really know the rules yet. And therefore don't know any limits."
    -Sir Ben Kingsley

I'm not going to get into some great speech(mostly because I'm having a crappy day), but you know you have a lot of friends here, Pidge.

So go knock em dead
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

I will, thanks Musty!
    -Sir Ben Kingsley

being scared is all part of life's journey...your need to do it must make you so strong and so weak at times but it's something you must do..and your strength of character must be formidable dude..
    The only one who can heal you is you.

On boobs though...while they have advantages there are some key disadvantages you must be prepared for. Sleeping on your stomach will never be the same for one. Also, boob sweat. We like to pretend our lovelies are perfect and nice all the time but sweat happens and it's not pretty sometimes lol. Not to mention that boobs can sometimes be jerk magnets lol.

The way I figure though - You coming over to the female side is just another victory for us females! One less male in the world MUAHAHAAAAA!! Welcome to the superior sex

Wish you luck, and I admire your courage. Social change comes slow, but like the black lady who sat in front of the bus, each person doing something positive can make things move faster. People still get upset if a guy has long hair or wears pink. It's not what a person looks like on the outside that defines character, but what's on the inside that really shows what he or she is really made of.
    "Put not your trust not in princes, in the children of men,
    in whom there is no salvation."
    Psalm 146

Timely, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    being scared is all part of life's journey...your need to do it must make you so strong and so weak at times but it's something you must do..and your strength of character must be formidable dude..
    I think I can! I think I can! thank you, sir. I will do my best!

Quote Originally Posted by InnerFlame00 View Post
    On boobs though...while they have advantages there are some key disadvantages you must be prepared for. Sleeping on your stomach will never be the same for one. Also, boob sweat. We like to pretend our lovelies are perfect and nice all the time but sweat happens and it's not pretty sometimes lol. Not to mention that boobs can sometimes be jerk magnets lol.

The way I figure though - You coming over to the female side is just another victory for us females! One less male in the world MUAHAHAAAAA!! Welcome to the superior sex
    I will certainly learn how to deal. Believe me. Boob sweat is nothing lol. Anyways I will truly enjoying ascending to goddesshood

Quote Originally Posted by midnightpoet View Post
    Wish you luck, and I admire your courage. Social change comes slow, but like the black lady who sat in front of the bus, each person doing something positive can make things move faster. People still get upset if a guy has long hair or wears pink. It's not what a person looks like on the outside that defines character, but what's on the inside that really shows what he or she is really made of.
    Right, some are people won't take the time to look past the exterior, but screw em!
    -Sir Ben Kingsley

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast