Kind of scared - Page 4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kind of scared

Quote Originally Posted by Schrody View Post

Good luck Pidge, and way to go! It's a huge step and I'm proud of you! Don't listen to others, they haven't walked a mile in your shoes, and they don't have the right to say anything. I don't understand humans; we're the same specie and yet, we hate everyone who's "different" (regardless of skin color, beliefs or sexual orientation). It makes me sad and mad at the same time. Please, don't let those people put you down, and please, don't think there's something wrong with you - you're perfect, a product of millions of years of evolution, and when you became what you always wanted you'll be even more perfect! We love you and you have all the support you can get here. You go tiger (or should I say tigress?)

EDIT: and please don't think there's only one way of how to behave (dress, look, you get the drift) as a woman, there aren't unfeminine behaviors anymore, we're not in the '50's Everything you do will be characterized as a womanly behavior because you will be a woman
    I just wish that's how everyone thought. I don't generally care what people think of me, but this is a little different. With a lot of people, nothing I do will ever be seen as womanly. Then there's the chance of violence. Which... Sucks. But I have to say, you guys are too good to me and really have me looking on the bright side of things right now!
    "I like working with first time directors because they don't really know the rules yet. And therefore don't know any limits."
    -Sir Ben Kingsley

Quote Originally Posted by Gargh View Post
    I'd be scared too; you'll be in a vulnerable position whilst you transition, but have faith in yourself that you know what you're doing! If you've got support and, hopefully, the people that matter onboard, then you'll be okay. Bon voyage
    I do have all the people that matter to me board! I've worked really hard at making it that way. It's really shining through right now! You guys have me really excited and inspired to go on with this!
    "I like working with first time directors because they don't really know the rules yet. And therefore don't know any limits."
    -Sir Ben Kingsley

This younger generation is the one that will erase a lot of the ignorance in the world, I think. More and more people are free-thinking and logical, rather than stuck in old-world views based on outdated information and hate/fear. We're living in a world where our children will be exposed to more cultures, sexualities, and radical ideas about what gender actually means, whether you want it or not. It's just a natural progression of the western world, I think, and let's hope that spreads elsewhere, like exposure therapy on a mass scale.

It's social evolution in utero, so to speak. Just sayin'. I think that's fucking great. Your kind of bravery changes the world, and no matter how small a part you play in the grand scheme, it all builds to significance. I hope the world will be entirely free of its mental shackles, one day. NOW LET'S TAKE IT TO THE STREETS.

Eh, after breakfast though *rumble*
    "When I am gone, it won't be long before I disturb you in the dark."

~ Hidden Content ~

Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeon84 View Post
    I just wish that's how everyone thought. I don't generally care what people think of me, but this is a little different. With a lot of people, nothing I do will ever be seen as womanly. Then there's the chance of violence. Which... Sucks. But I have to say, you guys are too good to me and really have me looking on the bright side of things right now!
    Hey, if you encounter an idiot he can beat you just because you're wearing a T-shirt of a band he doesn't like, so there isn't a safe person. Nevertheless, you can't let fear dictates your life, you should live it to the fullest and be grateful for every day spend on Earth, and that goes for everyone. I know you're scared, I'm scared too sometimes- it's the world we live in, but we mustn't let that prevent us from our desires and happier life. I know it's hard, and probably will be even harder before it becomes better and easier, but when it's over, you'll be glad you did it (I suppose you gave it a lot of thought and decided what's best for you).
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

@Bruno : I really hope that's what we're coming to! It certainly seems that way though. I just wish the old train of thought didn't fight it tooth and nail. Anyways, for breakfast I've made us some panca... Where'd they go? Hammy!

@Schrody: Are suggesting that there be some people who don't like my favorite shirt?!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00111.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	7789
    -Sir Ben Kingsley

Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeon84 View Post
    I'm Scandinavian! My family pillage and plunder you! And then we'll offer your priests irresistible threesomes (anyone?)
    "No thanks, I don't like threesomes with beautiful people."

-Athelstan

"Also, I'm pretty good looking and I know it."

-Athelstan "Humble Monk"
    I have an extensive knowledge of Mean Girls quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by popsprocket View Post
    "No thanks, I don't like threesomes with beautiful people."

-Athelstan

"Also, I'm pretty good looking and I know it."

-Athelstan "Humble Monk"
    Seriously though, hottest... threesome... Ever.
    -Sir Ben Kingsley

His eyes are pretty intense. I'm not saying I'm into men, but for realsies:

I have an extensive knowledge of Mean Girls quotes.

Pidge...you WILL always be pidge, fabulous, inspirational, courageous and just plain wonderful, and I adore you. Peace my friend...Jul
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Hey, Pidge: did you know another name for the common pidgeon is a rock dove? Maybe you picked that name . . . or maybe it picked you.

Bruno wins the thread. Boom. Shot to the heart.
    "When I am gone, it won't be long before I disturb you in the dark."

~ Hidden Content ~

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast