Willburr, my stuffed nightmare cat!

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willburr, my stuffed nightmare cat!

Willburr, my stuffed nightmare cat!

My mother does arts and crafts and it's something I've inherited.She usually makes jewelry and whatnot out of bits and bobs. The hobby has become quite common! So I have made jewelry, be it a necklace for myself or gifts for friends, I enjoy little scraps of metal, glass, light bulbs and cogs... They make nice accessories.

But another thing I got is that she taught me (the basics at least) how to sew. Loving anything industrial or steampunk, I also came to love the idea of little twisted stuffed animals. Some people have their beasties, well, I have constant ideas for little animals.

I wanted a chesire cat of sorts, a little nightmare doll resembling a cat, so, with my mother's help, I went to work.

I drew the designs myself and already knew how I would customize him, so the only hard part was buying the cloth and stuffing. We did all the sewing by hand, no machine. My mother made the head, but I did the body and limbs and stuffed it all, then stitched him all together, and added his stripes, tail, and ears.

Attachment 7724

I decided to name him Willburr. It just seemed right.

Here's his back and tail.
    Attachment 7725

His head is actually off-center, and as you can see so are his stripes. And his arms are long as well! This was all intentional because I wanted something imperfect, with big front paws.

As you can see, he's a pretty lazy stuffed animal. Not much for playing. He is a cat after all.
    Attachment 7726

I know I'm a bit old for this sort of thing but I enjoyed making him and will most likely craft another in the near future. So I just thought I'd share him with you guys.
    Need advice? Or just some cheering up? PM.
    Or bug me on Skype. Any time I'm online.

'I prefer to exist as a duality. Living alone is boring.'
    Crowley Karterson Jarvis

╙The Golden Crowl
    梟金烏

I know he's supposed to be a nightmare cat, but he's so cuuute!

I really don't like scary-ish themed things. I'm a big fat chicken, but I'd totally keep him in my collection. He's really cool. He's simple but I don't think he looks plain. Nice job!
    ".... But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
    All losses are restored and sorrows end."
    - William Shakespeare, Sonnet XXX

You can never be to old to make cute creepy kitty dolls! Or any kind of craft. I likes it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowley K. Jarvis View Post
    As you can see, he's a pretty lazy stuffed animal. Not much for playing. He is a cat after all.
    I'd be quiet with this, it might offend the resident cat.

Seriously, he's a cute little rascal. I like that he's imperfect because there are soooo many stuffed critters are perfect when most animals aren't perfect. Nice work.
    If I can't go down rockin', then I won't go down at all. - Waylon Jennings.

Hsssssssss. (That's cat for 'don't talk smack 'bout me m8' and also 'where can I get that studs number?' Willpuuuuuurrrr)
    Remember kids: Drink vodka, play Dotka!

Oh my goodness, this is so adorable! You don't happen to sell them, do you?

I showed it to my daughter and she said that it's scary and it will giver her nightmares, lol. But then again, she's only 8 and everything gives her nightmares.

cool
    The only one who can heal you is you.

That is so cute! The zipper mouth is very clever.

Crrrowley, creativity takes many many different forms and uses ANY medium that inspires the artist.. I love this for many reasons.. but i was intrigued that you used a zipper for the mouth... not only unique, but i think it says a lot about youuuu... am I right? LMAO... zzzzzipit!!! Thank you for sharing.. i cant wait to see your next creature creation.... will it have eyes? Maybe no ears....
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

That's weirdly cute
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast