Adventures in stupidity

Thread: Adventures in stupidity

Wink Adventures in stupidity

I finally (after months of procrastination) got around to doing some necessary projects my wife has been bugging me about. In this case, replacing flooring in the hall. I don't know how many of you are familiar with the old saying "sore as a risin'," but I was sore as a whole bunch of them. My shoulder hurt, my back hurt. Thank God for pain pills.

Anyhoo, I took a break yesterday to go into San Angelo (some 40 miles) to pick up my new glasses. I got two pair, on for reading and one for driving (I hate bifocals). Afterward, I went in the grocery store, then to the (big box) hardware store. On leaving it came to me in a flash. I had left one pair of my new glasses in a shopping cart at the grocery. I panicked. I had just put down big bucks for them.

I drove like a crazy person back to the store. No luck. I left my name at the store to call me if they came in. I called my wife at home. She was now upset. Dejected and angry, I drove home. As I was getting the purchases out the car I found the glasses. On the seat next to me.

I told my wife it must be early dementia. She said no, you've always been demented. I'll admit, if I had stayed calm and done a thorough search of the car, all this anguish could have been prevented.

As Dither says,"Life, eh?"

Will I probably panic again before I check things out? Probably.
    "Put not your trust not in princes, in the children of men,
    in whom there is no salvation."
    Psalm 146

Timely, isn't it?

I once timber boarded a ceiling, lying on my back on boards set above a stairwell. Working at strange angles my shoulder froze up and it took my chiropractor about eighteen months of patient work to free it. He admitted that had it taken any longer he would have quit his profession in dismay. The stairwell still looks fine though.

I am a man of faith. When I leave the house I take my glass case with me in the belief that there are glasses in it, but quite often there aren't. In fact it may be even more often than I know as I don't always open it to use them. Nevertheless like any man of faith my beliefs are not diminished and I will continue to believe that every glass case has glasses and not just a lining, silver or otherwise, inside.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

The amount of times I have looked for my glasses only to realise I had them on the top of my head!
    Well its taken all the time that I have now to get me as far as I've got
    Though the road we all travel ain't easy, you don't get anywhere if you stop
    - John Power

Quote Originally Posted by KJay View Post
    The amount of times I have looked for my glasses only to realise I had them on the top of my head!
    Occasionally I've looked for mine while wearing them. That's when I know that it's time to go back to the optician.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

I dont like that with out my glasses on i cant find my glasses. I have a second pair of glasses at the ready to wear while i look for my everyday glasses
    the panic sets in when the second pair arent on my office desk.
    Double blind
    oh i know this sounds trite
    shake it baby. It tells you if there are inside
    yup palsy compensates for memory loss
    i still think getting a little Austin Powers on your glasses case is a runner
    We are the measure of all things. And the beauty of our creation, of our art is proportional to the beauty of ourselves of our souls. Jonas Mekas

I own over 30 pairs of glasses, they are just the cheaters that help me read. There seems to be nothing I do anymore than does not require glasses. My eye sight is fine 4 feet away the trouble is I have 3 foot arms.

When in doubt always buy more glasses

I only have two pairs and one I never use. What happens sometimes for me is that I'll wake up and not put them on and go downstairs, thinking they are on, turn on the light and be stupefied by the lack of clarity. In the dark I can never tell if I have them on or not, everything looks the same with or without
    "When in doubt, have a man come through a door with a gun in his hand." - Raymond Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by Gofa View Post
    I dont like that with out my glasses on i cant find my glasses. I have a second pair of glasses at the ready to wear while i look for my everyday glasses

yup palsy compensates for memory loss
    i still think getting a little Austin Powers on your glasses case is a runner
    At least you can blame it on memory loss and not stupidity. I've worn trifocals for over forty years, and when I used to commute down the freeway to work, I'd clean my glasses while driving. Things are a little blurry when I don't have my glasses on

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

You don't have to be old to be forgetful - I've had problems like this since my teen years! It may be a genetic problem as my mom did as well. You can imagine the house I grew up in was one big adventure always losing and finding things in plain sight.

I get my glasses at zenni optical and since they're cheap but durable I don't freak out if I lose them knowing it won't cost an arm and a leg to replace. My eyesight is bad enough though that if I lose them I need my husband to find them...