penis or dick? [Explicit Language] - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: penis or dick? [Explicit Language]

Quote Originally Posted by Potty View Post
    Your pick up lines must be really astonishing.
    I don't use pick-up lines.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I don't use pick-up lines.
    I've never had luck with lines. Seine nets are far more reliable.
    If I can't go down rockin', then I won't go down at all. - Waylon Jennings.

Personally I'm very happy to use "manhood" exactly because it is an expression of the essence of the subject which allows the reader to substitute their own word and there are only two ways to go at any point, pure concept or pure physicality. I'm quite happy to caress the reader with "manhood" and then hit them with a resounding "dong" shortly after. Doesn't that reflect the essence of the act itself, waves of tender words and hard-hitting words alternating. As I keep mentioning, there is a group where such matters can be explored in depth, if that isn't a euphemism in itself.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Now it's time for prude hour! Sex in novels? All of my nope. .___.
    Remember kids: Drink vodka, play Dotka!

When I write a 'sex scene' I tend to work towards the sex bit and then skip the actual nitty gritty. Most of the time it is simply not necessary to explain. We all know what it's like!
    If I do write about the actual sex I prefer to concentrate on the emotions rather than what the characters are using their parts for But then, for me sex and emotions are inseparable. That does not mean it always has to be about love though...

Quote Originally Posted by dale View Post
    so i'm writing my stories. and when it comes to naming sexual crap, i sometimes become like baffled about what to do.
    i'm not an erotica writer...well...only once......but what should i do? sex is a part of my stories, even if they aren't technically
    "erotica". should i use the word "dick' or "cock' or "penis" or what? and for me? it gets even MORE complicated with the female
    anatomy. because to me? women are very sacred. so i don't like naming their "netherlands" as anything other than flowery.
    but my point is...what word can a non-erotica writer use to label the dick and the "flower"? i like my writing to have an element
    of class to it, believe it or not. should i just say dick and cunt? in my previous works...i've skirted the issue by portraying the
    sex scenes as "musical" or "abstract coloration". even in my erotica story. the publisher emailed me giggling about how i actually
    made violent sex "classy". anyway...i'm just posting this thread because i'm bored and drunk. i'm insane anyway, so who cares.
    Did you seriously call it 'their netherlands'? I do not have 'netherlands' I live in the netherlands Did you seriously just turn my entire country into an erotic zone?
    I long for the day when MS stands for mystery solved!

I think the proper term would be "nether regions"
    Hidden Content

Hey, check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

And if you're into music, check out the brand new Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Mistique View Post
    Did you seriously call it 'their netherlands'? I do not have 'netherlands' I live in the netherlands Did you seriously just turn my entire country into an erotic zone?
    That would be unreasonable. It's only how Amsterdam is regarded, isn't it? Actually we have friends who live in Amsterdam. Perhaps I shouldn't have said that.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmustard615 View Post
    I think the proper term would be "nether regions"
    In our case that would be the highlands of Scotland. I think upsetting them is even more hazardous than upsetting the Dutch, or should I say Netherlanders? No, that's where this started. Is it worth mentioning at this point that I like Edam cheese? I don't think they do cheese in Scotland. So, can we get back to the cheesy terms for genitalia. Now that's a word to flaunt, or do I mean regalia? I suppose it depends how demonstrative your sex scenes are.

I think the words chosen should be the ones that the characters involved might use. It's no use referring to the lingam, phallus, vulva or labia if the people involved wouldn't know what the words meant. In my own writing I try to match the narrative style to the character whose POV is in operation. This means that a pack of cards may become a deck of cards in my narrative because the character is American even though that isn't a phrase that I would ever use myself. This is part of my philosophy from my days designing computer systems. Don't build yourself into the system. If they are having sex use their words for it.
    Last edited by JustRob; February 19th, 2015 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    That would be unreasonable. It's only how Amsterdam is regarded, isn't it? Actually we have friends who live in Amsterdam. Perhaps I shouldn't have said that.
    Well, if you have friends there, and I am going to asume that this means you have actually been there (but perhaps I am mistaken in this) then you would know that the red light district is only a few streets in the entire city. It's not all sex industry there.... there is always the coffee shops too
    I long for the day when MS stands for mystery solved!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast