The Master of All Challenges

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Master of All Challenges

The Master of All Challenges

It is not often that a name can be so closely tied to a service that it would be, if not a crime, at least almost unthinkable to separate one from the other. How then to contemplate the unthinkable?

For two years and two months, or thereabouts, the Literary Maneuvers - Fiction Competitions, or LM Challenges as they are better known, were managed, improved, nurtured and grown under the benevolent rule of the one known as Fin. Under Fin's rule, the LM's continued and increasing success inspired and guided two more regular major prose challenges.

There are voices, and not just in my head, which demand that Fin's contributions to the LM Fiction Challenge, and his timely support for all of our major challenges, should not pass without some sort of solid recognition.

We can do this. We have the technology, and we have the precedents.

Friends, Members of WF, I give you ...

The Fin - Challenge Meister Award For continued outstanding contributions to the WF community through the management of the monthly LM Challenges.

Members who received this award: 1
    Fin

The Fin joins that elite group of awards: those inspired by the presence and efforts of a single member of WF.

On behalf of WF, I extend my sincere thanks to Fin for his dedication and superb management of the LM Fiction Challenges.
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

Fin, congratulations! WF shines bright because of dedication like yours. Thank you... You are an inspiration. Jul
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

On behalf of WF, I extend my sincere thanks to Fin for his dedication and superb management of the LM Fiction Challenges.
    Seconded You are going to be a hard act to follow, Fin!
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Fin did an amazing job, especially with formatting the scores every month. Well deserved.

"Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

Well done! Congrats, Fin, you've earned this recognition.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

More than fitting for such hard work behind the scenes. Congratulations!

I only hope I can live up to his excellence! Thanks for all the hard work and thanks to cran for giving out the deserved award to our great Fin!
    If you ever need a second set of eyes on your work, PM me for a critique! I'm happy to help Hidden Content

It's hard to play such a consistent role for that amount of time. I would've done the job if forced, but not without complaining and bitching through every second of it. I never once saw Fin so much as falter. A well-deserved award, for a job well done. Now, have a well-deserved retirement!
    "When I am gone, it won't be long before I disturb you in the dark."

~ Hidden Content ~

Fin Congratulations on the medal and for being recognized for the countless hours you have worked so that others could benefit. I wanted to change Friday into Finday but Cran thought the medal more appropriate and would take a whole lot less explaining. In my quiet times at the end of the week I will still think TGIF and raise the glass to your contributions here...Bob

A fitting tribute to a dedicated organizer and LM judge in his own right. Thanks for your service to the competition, Fin. You'll be missed.
    It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do what’s due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast