What grinds my gears... - Page 8

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: What grinds my gears...

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley K. Jarvis View Post
    When you live in a large family, need to catch up on sleep, have nothing important to do that day...

...And someone still wakes you up, like they're doing you a favor.

Attachment 7506
    I hated that, although I wasn't raised in a big family
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

Here's one that's been coming up. People telling me I shouldn't headbang because of my head injury. Well they better get real worried cause Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, and Aeon are in town tomorrow! \m/
    "I like working with first time directors because they don't really know the rules yet. And therefore don't know any limits."
    -Sir Ben Kingsley

Quote Originally Posted by InstituteMan View Post
    In general, displays of faux expertise really bother me. It's perfectly fine to not know diddly-squat about esoteric topics, but don't let on like you know all about it. I can only be annoyed in areas I know something about, of course. I try my mightiest to avoid hypocrisy and speak with humility even when I know I am right. I know that I don't always succeed, however.
    It really is the worst though.
    There's a guy in my social circle that comes around sometimes and the more alcohol you put in him the worse it gets. He will start speaking in German and just string a bunch of fancy words together. He trys to generally talk "smart".

It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Spatola View Post
    You have so much negative energy built up, Guy. I know you don't believe in it, but your chakras are probably being blocked by an external force, which is probably causing you to feel unfulfilled and unbalanced. Buy some incense from your local health shop -- preferably Sandalwood, in your case -- and tell them Margarita sent you. You may laugh, but it is science; it's science of the soul -- the only kind you need.

Good luck, and keep that Yin and Yang in check, you hear?
    *begins to violently shake Bruno*
    Welcome to WF!
    Feeling lost? Want to connect with experienced members of the forum? Then meet our talented staff of Hidden Content !
    They're always looking to help and advise and don't bite... much...

Sssssshhh, let it out. Channel your chi energy -- let it flow forth. Open your inner dam.
    "When I am gone, it won't be long before I disturb you in the dark."

~ Hidden Content ~

Sssssshhh, let it out. Channel your chi energy -- let it flow forth. Open your inner dam.
    You're grinding his gears, Bru. Behave yourself :3
    Remember kids: Drink vodka, play Dotka!

Quote Originally Posted by Boofy View Post
    You're grinding his gears, Bru. Behave yourself :3
    "When I am gone, it won't be long before I disturb you in the dark."

~ Hidden Content ~

There's always bumps in the road. For example:

Out today for some more medical tests, and the roads are unplowed with another blizzard in progress, second one in a week. Up till now we hadn't had but a few inches of snow all winter.

The tests go smoothly, at least as much as one would expect, but afterwards they make me stand for 15 minutes, which is how long it took for the legs to give out. The sadists said it was part of the tests.

So the wife gets me back home through the blinding snow and helps me inside to my wheelchair, which was nice. But now I've got a welt on the side of my face from the wife slapping me. Seems as I started for my bedroom, I ran over her foot.

So now I'm sitting here posting this with my fingers crossed

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

*continues to shake*

That's... not... how... chi... even... works...
    Welcome to WF!
    Feeling lost? Want to connect with experienced members of the forum? Then meet our talented staff of Hidden Content !
    They're always looking to help and advise and don't bite... much...

As the "resident" pagan I have something to say about the whole wishy-washy chi/energy/chakra/etc stuff.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with believing in whatever you want to believe but most of it revolves around platitudes. "Spells" work because they're psychological. They ritualize a desire which imprints it as being important psychologically. That's how they work. There, the mysticism and "magic" is taken away.

That said, there's nothing wrong with meditation, prayer, and energy beliefs. There's nothing wrong with burning incense and doing what you can to give yourself that feeling of control and power. If it helps you deal with the scary shit in this world then do it.