What grinds my gears... - Page 6

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: What grinds my gears...

People who don't pay attention in life. They are distracted by the things that don't matter and miss the things that really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloggsworth View Post
    People who post questions on the forum, then never acknowledge that they have been answered...
    Which brings up a specific gear grinder for me - people who post questions on forums when it's obvious they haven't tried to find the answer themselves first. Research does not mean asking others to do the work for you, people...
    Has left the building.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmustard615 View Post
    I can relate to that. I worked for a supermarket for fifteen years. I can write a book on things there that "grinded my gears"
    I don't know how I would survive in a supermarket for fifteen years. I can't even stand shopping in one for five minutes because no one knows how to maneuver their carts.

DING

That's another thing that bothers me. I only use baskets because I will knock someone over with my cart if I used one.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
    Which brings up a specific gear grinder for me - people who post questions on forums when it's obvious they haven't tried to find the answer themselves first. Research does not mean asking others to do the work for you, people...
    Or people who ask questions on Facebook instead of Google.
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

Quote Originally Posted by Schrody View Post
    I think you can't do anything about it - we all did it. It's a part of growing up.
    I know, I know. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Carly Berg View Post
    I wonder what her reaction would be if you replied in a stage whisper to your daughter whenever the friend sent her with a message. "Tell (friend's name) yes, y'all can have some candy, go outside, etc."
    Ooooh, Good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    And the people, usually New Age types, who invoke the words 'quantum theory' to refer to their gibberish, when it's obvious they have no idea what the term really means.
    Oh man... when people cobble science together in with their wacked out perspectives, especially antiquated science like "nature vs. nuture" or equate pseudoscience like astrology or homeopathy as being real science. In order to correct the person, you have to wade through a string of non-sequitur ideas based on emotions and rarely thought out. Half the time you just want to shake them until their gears start lining up.
    Welcome to WF!
    Feeling lost? Want to connect with experienced members of the forum? Then meet our talented staff of Hidden Content !
    They're always looking to help and advise and don't bite... much...

people who walk along the pavement and just seem to block your way past
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Faukes View Post
    Oh man... when people cobble science together in with their wacked out perspectives, especially antiquated science like "nature vs. nuture" or equate pseudoscience like astrology or homeopathy as being real science. In order to correct the person, you have to wade through a string of non-sequitur ideas based on emotions and rarely thought out. Half the time you just want to shake them until their gears start lining up.
    You have so much negative energy built up, Guy. I know you don't believe in it, but your chakras are probably being blocked by an external force, which is probably causing you to feel unfulfilled and unbalanced. Buy some incense from your local health shop -- preferably Sandalwood, in your case -- and tell them Margarita sent you. You may laugh, but it is science; it's science of the soul -- the only kind you need.

Good luck, and keep that Yin and Yang in check, you hear?

"When I am gone, it won't be long before I disturb you in the dark."

~ Hidden Content ~

People that ask for prayers on Facebook over every piddly problem. Quit whining and help yourself.

"Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

Quote Originally Posted by J Anfinson View Post
    People that ask for prayers on Facebook over every piddly problem. Quit whining and help yourself.

I shouldn't be laughing..sighhhh...This young girl asked for prayer because she had not studied for a test. [She hated her Teacher]...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.