What grinds my gears... - Page 5

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: What grinds my gears...

skinny guys still pack the arteries. I don't look forward to a pack or a blow-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    skinny guys still pack the arteries. I don't look forward to a pack or a blow-out.
    bah. you gotta die someday. i'd rather die with a bacon sandwich and beer in my hands than die with a celery stalk
    and cup of carrot juice in my hands. and anyway, the booze will clear my arteries.
    "Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.”

die? yeah... it's the halfway-croaked that I don't like... tubes and operations...or half-paralyzed

Here's another one. Kids who don't know how to speak up for themselves, or refuse to. Yet whisper what they want into their friends ears and convince them to go ask for it.

My 4 year old daughter has a friend who does this. What's worse, she gets into my viewing zone (out of the corner of my eye) and whispers something like, "ask your mom if we can go outside" or " ask your mom if we can have a piece of candy". I get it. I hate rejection to, but dangit....ask. your. darn. self.

And I know I may get looked down on this as it's a kid....they are still learning...but uuuugh. Really grinds my gears.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    Here's another one. Kids who don't know how to speak up for themselves, or refuse to. Yet whisper what they want into their friends ears and convince them to go ask for it.

My 4 year old daughter has a friend who does this. What's worse, she gets into my viewing zone (out of the corner of my eye) and whispers something like, "ask your mom if we can go outside" or " ask your mom if we can have a piece of candy". I get it. I hate rejection to, but dangit....ask. your. darn. self.

And I know I may get looked down on this as it's a kid....they are still learning...but uuuugh. Really grinds my gears.
    I think you can't do anything about it - we all did it. It's a part of growing up.
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post

I wonder what her reaction would be if you replied in a stage whisper to your daughter whenever the friend sent her with a message. "Tell (friend's name) yes, y'all can have some candy, go outside, etc."

I currently work in retail, so I could write a book about everything that grinds my gears...but just to save everyone the hardship of reading all of that, I really can't stand when a customer will come up to me and be on their cellphone and expect me to ring them out.

By that point, I'm not looking at you, I'm not speaking to you, I'm not telling you how much you owe, and I don't say goodbye. I have a special line for anyone who decides to say something to me in regards to not speaking to them while they are on the phone. For the sake of everyone that I work with and the people who shop where I work, they better hope that never happens

I'm fortunate enough to be working nights now at the front desk of a hotel resort.
    But my prior and first job was retail, at Dollar General in the most ghetto little town.
    I understand completely and shan't blame you good sir!

Thing about DG is that they want you to do ten thousand things at once. Someone who stands at the register and doesn't say anything, and only replies with a dirty look, got the same reaction from me. Speak up! I'm genuinely busy! Hospitality is much nicer now....Especially at night.

..Except this one guy who called twice and is arriving around 4 AM. Really? I don't even know if the systems will be back up to make his reservation. Harumph.
    Need advice? Or just some cheering up? PM.
    Or bug me on Skype. Any time I'm online.

'I prefer to exist as a duality. Living alone is boring.'
    Crowley Karterson Jarvis

╙The Golden Crowl
    梟金烏

Quote Originally Posted by am_hammy View Post
    I currently work in retail, so I could write a book about everything that grinds my gears...but just to save everyone the hardship of reading all of that, I really can't stand when a customer will come up to me and be on their cellphone and expect me to ring them out.

By that point, I'm not looking at you, I'm not speaking to you, I'm not telling you how much you owe, and I don't say goodbye. I have a special line for anyone who decides to say something to me in regards to not speaking to them while they are on the phone. For the sake of everyone that I work with and the people who shop where I work, they better hope that never happens
    I can relate to that. I worked for a supermarket for fifteen years. I can write a book on things there that "grinded my gears"
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

People who post questions on the forum, then never acknowledge that they have been answered...
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.