What is your guilty pleasure? - Page 5

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your guilty pleasure?

Expensive coffee that I pay way too much money for, along with chocolate-covered marzipan and cigars, although I've recently given up tobacco since my dentist said it would permanently ruin my teeth unless I quit, and I'm too vain to let that happen. My favorite were Punch brand.

I also like old black-and-white horror movies, Hallmark holiday movies like those constant low-budget Christmas films around December, and Harry Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by hvysmker View Post
    You want some very old recordings, Pluralized?

I've got at least one, on a quick search, from the 1880s, and 85 from the 1890s?

Charlie
    Did they have recordings in the 1880's besides Edison maybe? I know there were a few from the 1890s.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmustard615 View Post
    Did they have recordings in the 1880's besides Edison maybe? I know there were a few from the 1890s.
    Presumably. I found that one quickly, but recall a couple others. One was simply a man laughing. Another was birds chirping. I think they were from the 1880s. I got them somewhere. Long ago, there was a collector on the Usenet that posted hundreds of such songs that I downloaded. All in .mp3 format. I also have a box of Edisons in a shed out back I've never gotten around to converting. They used to be easy to find at garage sales and swap meets.

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by amsawtell View Post
    Lately I've taken up watching videos about people who build/live in "tiny" houses. Has anyone else seen these? They're so small! I kind of want one. For writing in.
    A coworker of mine is building one right now. Somehow, he plans on getting a jacuzzi bath into it. Personally, I'd be fine with any amount of space, so long as I have the internet and ample space for a desktop computer. And a couch and TV for console games. And a large bed. And a buttload of wall space for my posters/art.

Okay, maybe I'd not be great in a tiny home.
    If you ever need a second set of eyes on your work, PM me for a critique! I'm happy to help Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    my guilty pleasure is despair and misery....it's everything i am and it took me so long to understand that

Is it a pleasure--or are you like me and have been there so long that you are just comfortable there...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Shoot, give me room to game and magical self replenishing refrigerator and I'll never need to leave!
    "I like working with first time directors because they don't really know the rules yet. And therefore don't know any limits."
    -Sir Ben Kingsley

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    my guilty pleasure is despair and misery....it's everything i am and it took me so long to understand that
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    Is it a pleasure--or are you like me and have been there so long that you are just comfortable there...

There is nothing pleasurable about despair and misery. take it from someone who knows
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

I'm with you mustard. You can indulge in it, or wallow, but indulgence and pleasure are two separate things. I can't say that I have ever enjoyed it.
    Remember kids: Drink vodka, play Dotka!

Quote Originally Posted by mrmustard615 View Post
    There is nothing pleasurable about despair and misery. take it from someone who knows

your spot on kidda...what a tangle web we leed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    yep...we must get a kick out of it....
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Originally Posted by escorial

There is a lot to untangle here, it is obvios you were born to be a writer.

Most if not all revolutions are born in pain and blood, remember the pen (keyboard) is mightier than the sword.