What is your guilty pleasure? - Page 11

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your guilty pleasure?

I'm pretty shameless about everything that I enjoy. I don't see any reason to feel bad about things that make me happy.

That being said, there are things that I'm sure some people think I should be embarrassed about, like my excessive love for Korean pop music.
    "The poet, slave to devotion,
    Drunk on the sacred liquor,
    Enraptured, turns his face to Heaven
    And staggering sucks and slurps
    The wine we drink through the eyes."
    - Pierrot Lunaire

Quote Originally Posted by Mondestrunken View Post
    That being said, there are things that I'm sure some people think I should be embarrassed about, like my excessive love for Korean pop music.
    I'm fascinated with K-Pop and J-Pop. It's quirky, confusing, and strangely appealing to the less analytical side of our brains. Some of it is pretty good, though. I was into Miyavi for a while
    "When I am gone, it won't be long before I disturb you in the dark."

~ Hidden Content ~

Watching Rocky Horror picture show at a theater where it is also being acted out by a play troop. It bring great laughter and tears of joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Spatola View Post
    I'm fascinated with K-Pop and J-Pop. It's quirky, confusing, and strangely appealing to the less analytical side of our brains. Some of it is pretty good, though. I was into Miyavi for a while
    Oh, some of it is downright fantastic. Korea actually has some amazing R&B.

And I actually saw Miyavi in concert back in 2010
    "The poet, slave to devotion,
    Drunk on the sacred liquor,
    Enraptured, turns his face to Heaven
    And staggering sucks and slurps
    The wine we drink through the eyes."
    - Pierrot Lunaire

Another one is when my kid is window shopping I'll grab every scandal sheet and read through them before she gets back...wouldn't pay a dime for any of them but just fun junk food for the mind.

Blog Entries
    Papa John's Pizza- and Science Fiction. It's a great night at my place with Hawaiian BBQ chicken and Stargate or Transformers!
    "Sometimes I wish I could stay asleep, not because my life is that dull and boring but because my dreams are just that good." - Mindy Dyksterhouse (MzSnowleopard)
    Admin @ Hidden Content & Hidden Content
    Student @ Hidden Content
    Hidden Content / Hidden Content

i go to the hottest cashier anytime i go to a grocery store. i don't care how long the line is. then i usually buy beer to see if they are old enough to hit on.

Two of my guilty pleasures I only feel guilty and harassed about from my friends when I tell them is korean dramas and k-pop. I'm a sucker for all that stuff. Love the culture and the sound. I'm also seeing that I'm not the only one that actually likes k-pop. It warms my heart to know I'm not alone.

Another guilty pleasure of mine is socks. Socks are essential...but the amount I have is obscene. And I never end up matching pairs. I love them though

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Spatola View Post
    The Mummy/Mummy Returns. Love the chemistry between Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz, and John Hannah. I thought the movies were pretty funny.
    Ahhh, one of my favorite sets of movies! I got the special edition one year for my birthday and I still watch it, even though DVDs are being pushed out of existence with bluray.

One of my guilty pleasures is watching the same old favorite movies over again. My favorite movie is "The Fifth Element" and I have seen it so often that when I watch it I quote the movie line by line.

Please God, never let me have to meet any of these people in real life and if I do, forgive me for having to kill them for the secret they shall know . . .

I'm 6'3", 350 pounds and built like a tank. I listen to heavy metal, have tattoos and don't get messed with on the street. I go to the gym to lift weights three times a week. And, of course, I listen to music.

Abba.

I listen to Abba when I work out. Dancing queen, take a chance on me, Fernando . . .

Now you know. Don't ever repeat this.
    Serious writers write, inspired or not.
    Over time they discover that routine
    is a better friend than inspiration.

--Ralph Keyes