Thank You, WF, and Wishing You All Good Things for 2015

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank You, WF, and Wishing You All Good Things for 2015

Thank You, WF, and Wishing You All Good Things for 2015

It's been a tumultuous ride, 2014; a year of sudden and sometimes tragic changes around the world, and even in our own lives. Once again, we've seen the best, and the worst, that people can be. We've lost and mourned loved ones. We've faced hard challenges, helped each other, and moved on.

Here, we have farewelled Leyline, The Backward Ox, and Pandora; we have the legacy of their words and ideas shared with us.

But we have also enjoyed some great changes - not least welcoming back our Candid Petunia, now a proud (if busy) new mum; and the Mistress of the RPG, Noxicity remade as Nemesis - although whose, I've yet to discover - and also the return of Firemajic; once a Mentor, again a Mentor, and the forum is a better place for that.

We have built upon Olly's inspiration for Mentors, and in Folcro, Morkonan, Elvenswordsman, and thepancreas11, we found the vision, depth of drive, and determination needed to forge a new map, a more coherent place for our Mentors in the growing community that is WritingForums.com. Theirs is a challenge, no doubt; they are building something never seen and seldom imagined before in a forum community.

We have seen the revival of WiFs - the forum newsletter - and the growth of our social media footprint and author interviews; the first steps built by our media team, led by the dedicated popsprocket, since joined by the dynamic TKent, and fostered by the amazing and unstoppable PiP. The Plums have the challenge of pulling into a workable system all of the ad hoc media constructions that WF has tried, and building on that foundation - they are our conduit to the broader internet community.

We have seen new regular Challenges - the LM Non Fiction Challenge and the Colors of Fiction Challenge - rise up to take their places with the LM Fiction Challenge and the Poetry Challenge. And here, we thank Fin for stepping up to the plate when needed, not only in keeping the traditional LM going but also filling in for other Challenge organisers when Real Life and other things stumbled in. Here, too, we applaud the dedication and energy put in by the versatile J Anfinson and by the brilliantly entertaining Bishop. And, despite all that 2014 threw at her, the Dark One of Poetry, Chester's Daughter, rose again and again from the ashes to support and encourage our Poets in the Poetry Challenge and in the Poetry forum.

We have seen the Beta Readers Group, started by Galen, come in from the cold and join the members' only Workshops, with LeeC taking a leading hand in seeing the new Beta Readers space stay on course and become what it is intended to be. See what happens when a member has a good idea.

We have seen the Lounge expand, and a chat box installed, so members can find new ways to procrastinate and avoid writing that next chapter of their novels. We have welcomed at least two stars that shine in off-topic entertainment to the Light Green ranks: mrmustard615, and the aforementioned Bishop. I should point out that it wasn't their propensity for cracking jokes, but their more serious skills that led to their changes of status.

We have seen Visual Arts, Theatre, Music and Crafts enjoy something of a revival and makeover; and the introduction of multi-discipline and collaboration spaces, thanks to the efforts of the very creative artist TheYellowMustang.

We have seen new moderators come on board and give of their time to help keep the forum smooth and as friendly as two thousand independent thinkers can be when discussing the merits or otherwise of things. Apart from those already mentioned above, we have welcomed the valuable contributions made by Plasticweld and InstituteMan. And we have seen the talented bookmasta take up the Pink, and not just to make sure Bazz Cargo was taken for regular walkies.

We have seen fantastic new Mentors - Blade, Guy Faukes, and jenthepen - take up the Purple promise alongside veteran Mentors Cadence and Patskywriter; welcoming guides for New Members, and a helping hand, ear or eye to any member of the forum.

We have thanked and wished well to some who have left the Dark Side - notably Amsawtell and AstroAnnie - and added to our number of Indigo Patrons - Olly Buckle, squidtender, Terry D, and Tiamat.

We have had much appreciated help from Kevin_L - our tech guru - and enjoyed a better year overall with our new host server, WiredTree. We have kept going and stayed ad-free thanks to our subscribing members, the Friends of WF, and to donations from our members.

And riding herd over this crowd of cats for another year, Sam and Gumby have remained steadfast at the wheel and kept the Green Lady on course to ever better winds and horizons. We even managed to pin PiP down long enough to dress her in Blue; we had to, she was into everything and had tried on just about every other colour in the wardrobe.

My thanks to all of our volunteer staff, the Dark Siders, and my thanks to our Veteran Members for continuing to show the way, and to our Members - together, you make WritingForums.com what it is: still the best forum on the net for writers and creative artists!

I wish each of you all good things for 2015, and beyond.
    Last edited by Cran; January 1st, 2015 at 09:48 AM.
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

Walkies?

A very happy and productive new year to all.

Happy New Year everyone! Resolve to keep writing, and to never stop trying.
    --
    The Nightones 2nd Edition is available now from Amazon!
    Hidden Content

Happy 2015, WF! Thanks for keeping this green monster rolling, Cran. Many of us would be lost without this wonderful community and rich resource for our writerly and personal growth.

My sincere thanks,
    Rob
    It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do what’s due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.

And all of the above praise, accolades and accomplishments, were made possible by having such a dedicated, far sighted, steadfast and downright tenacious Admiral, overseeing the whole thing.

Happy New Year to All!

There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

It is good to be back home again, here at Wonderful WF! Let's make this brand new year even better than the last one. Happy New Year ! Peace always...Julia
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Blog Entries
    May the transition find you all renewed, and more capable of handling the tasks and trials you face.
    Cheers,
    Elven

P.S.
    Don't hesitate to PM me if you need a critique, a word of encouragement, or just someone to talk to. I listen well.

2014 started off as the worst year of my life, right up until May/June. I've never been lower, mentally or physically. I realized, to my terror, how dark and clouded your thoughts can become when true sorrow creeps into your chest. I nearly lost everything and everyone close to me.

I didn't, though. Somehow, it worked itself out, and the last half of 2014 was the happiest I can remember myself being in a long time. This place kept me in touch with good people, directly and indirectly. I'm convinced it saved my life in no small part, but I don't want to think about it. 2015 is a new chapter. It's the only new year I've ever given two thoughts about, and I'm going to embrace the feeling of a fresh start, for once.

I wish everyone happiness, productivity, good health, success, and new, positive experiences. BRING. IT. ON.
    "When I am gone, it won't be long before I disturb you in the dark."

~ Hidden Content ~

Versatile? I can juggle, too.

"Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

2014 has been an interesting year for me to say the least. At the age of 52 I felt I had no direction. I was and am taking care of my ailing mother among other things that have been going on with my life.

In July when I decided to really delve into writing I discovered the WF. I never thought I'd be joining for any reason other than to get a question or two answered, but I quickly found a community of caring people who were about much more than writing. When I thought I wasn't cut out for this forum, or to even be a writer, certain members convinced me to stay. For that I am eternally grateful.

I've said this before but thanks to the WF for helping me finally find my voice. Not only in my writing, but in ways I don't think I can ever adequately explain. You all mean so much to me.

So to all of you here here's to a happy 2015
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast