Getting old sucks - Page 8

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Getting old sucks

I think you're a stunner, Abby, if you'll excuse the seedy Internet-ness of that comment. Although I'm a lot younger, I think women truly reach their prime around the 35-45 mark. The perfect blend of natural warmth and beauty

Men get there a bit earlier, I think. They don't tend to go through as many phases. Well, that's my experience, growing up in a house being the only boy(!)
    "When I am gone, it won't be long before I disturb you in the dark."

~ Hidden Content ~

AW thanks Bruno, no seedy internetness detected lol, and I will take all the compliments I can get! I think it's ironic that when we're young and at our best we don't appreciate it as we're so full of insecurities and paranoia. Then you look back at old photos and think, why didn't I enjoy it while I had it? Where's the fountain of youth when you need it huh?!

as long as no one accuses me of being my daughter's grandpa, i'll know i'm still doing ok.
    "Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.

At 29, I was already pretty bald. I remember going to the swimming pool with my girlfriend (who was 21). Someone remarked I had a pretty daughter. Ack! At 29, I looked that old? Geez. You should see my driver's license photo. I look like a cadaver on on a CSI show.
    "Put not your trust not in princes, in the children of men,
    in whom there is no salvation."
    Psalm 146

Timely, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by midnightpoet View Post
    At 29, I was already pretty bald. I remember going to the swimming pool with my girlfriend (who was 21). Someone remarked I had a pretty daughter. Ack! At 29, I looked that old? Geez. You should see my driver's license photo. I look like a cadaver on on a CSI show.
    Lol! I am so glad I'm not male as my dad started going bald at 21 and was completely bald on top by the time he hit 30, my little bro is 30 and going the same way. I'm so happy to have lots of hair!! Sorry to rub it in lol

No worries, Abby. For a long time I had a comb-over and it would fly wildly in a breeze. I finally gave up and shaved it all off. I haven't been to a barber in 40 years.

My wife just turned 68 and she told me her worst birthday was when she turned 40. Middle age crazies, I guess. Now she could give a flip what anyone thinks.
    "Put not your trust not in princes, in the children of men,
    in whom there is no salvation."
    Psalm 146

Timely, isn't it?

Blog Entries
    TKent - thanks for the laughs. I am old, so I understand. But, now I understand old people alot better.
    author/writer/desktop publisher

Smashwords: Hidden Content
    Barnes & Noble: Hidden Content
    The Write Place:
    Hidden Content
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Twitter: Hidden Content Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Actually, to me Old is like my Grandmother who passed at a ripe old age of 101 four months before her 102nd, now that is old. My uncle is 94 I think, he can walk a little with the aid of the walker, most the time he is wheelchair bound. He calls and talks to my mother and what not I hear mom's side of the conversation and she has to keep him reminded to talk at the phone, to breath through his nose for that is where the Oxygen is.

Oh when I was ten I thought my mom was old at 33. Now that I am 54, she is young at 77. Meaning I will more than likely think of her as being aged well and not "old" for a while yet. Strange how that works.
    My friends and family call me Bill, you may also.Hidden Content

When people meet people,
    Potential Strangers, Acquaintances, Friends.

When dogs meet people,
    Potential Friends, Acquaintances, Strangers.

I would rather be the Dog.

It takes only,
    A second to meet,
    A moment to know,
    A Lifetime to forget.

A word without thought can destroy.
    Please remember to think before you speak.

Getting old sucks
    The more I see this thread title, the harder I have to fight the temptation to add a 1-900 number...
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

only thing that bothers me about my age is that statistically I'm going to be dead sooner.