Getting old sucks - Page 4

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Getting old sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Morkonan View Post
    I remembered something once. But, I was wrong.

Does that mean it didn't happen?

How can you have remembered something once if you don't remember?
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

Sadly, this whole thread makes perfect sense to me...
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Speak that when your dead. That will be worse, unless you are already suicide victim.

Have they brought in the cake yet?

Ah, this thread reminds me of so much!

Apparently whispering "sweet nothings" to one another takes on a whole new meaning after 60
    Welcome to WF!
    Feeling lost? Want to connect with experienced members of the forum? Then meet our talented staff of Hidden Content !
    They're always looking to help and advise and don't bite... much...

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Faukes View Post
    Apparently whispering "sweet nothings" to one another takes on a whole new meaning after 60
    Are you trying to say you're 60?
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

Honoured/Sadly Missed Courtjester's Avatar

[CENTER][B][I][SIZE=3][FONT=times new roman]Even though the darkest clouds are in the sky,
    You mustn’t sigh and you mustn’t cry.
    Spread a little happiness, as you go by.

[/FONT][/SIZE][/I][/B][B][I][FONT=Times New Roman]O:)[/FONT][/I][/B]
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Honoured/Sadly Missed Courtjester's Avatar
    As the years moved by and the older I have grown, the perspective of my life changed dramatically. One of the most enjoyable aspects of this part of my life is that with my ever increasing understanding of the spiritual background of life, many issues that once seemed all-important have simply fallen by the wayside. To me, growing older is the greatest gift that life has to bestow upon any of its children. In my view, it is not something to be afraid of, but to be looked forward to, relished and enjoyed, when it slowly but surely sneaks up on us.

Having reached this time of life, any wisdom we gained is a reward for battling our way, as best we knew how to, through the many obstacles and hardships that are inevitable on our pathway through our present lifetime. I found that the situation eased considerably once I had found the awareness that if help is required it has to be asked for, and that as soon as we reach out for the helping hand of God and the Angels, they draw ever closer to us. I do hope that this will also make our passage back into our true home an easier one, when the time for letting go of this world has come. The earlier in life one starts with this, the better and more effective it is bound to be.

I now no longer have any qualms acting out the real me and fully being the person I always wanted to be. When I look into the mirror, sometimes I am astonished at how young I still look. Yet, there are also times when I seem to look and feel a million years old. Never mind, I tell myself, that’s probably because I am. I am sure you know exactly what I mean. Most of the time, however, I feel amazingly young inside this body of mine, younger than I ever did before in my present lifetime. This must have something to do with the fact that having experienced difficult times – having reached my age, who hasn’t? – one gets more in touch with one’s immortal and ageless spirit and soul. Apart from that, equipped with the learning I have found along my way, life has become much easier in so many ways.

Most of all I enjoy the knowledge that it is not death that looms ahead when we leave our physical bodies behind, but a rebirth and release into our true home, where loved ones are waiting for us. We shall then all stand before each other in our true roles as children of God and siblings in the vast family of all life, rather than as grandparents, parents and children. I hope that on this level of life a proper reconciliation will be possible and that the chains and shackles of Karma will be dissolved once and for all through true forgiveness that grows from this understanding.

From ‘Drinking From The Eternal Fountain Of Youth’

Please allow a moment for the file to load

[CENTER][B][I][SIZE=3][FONT=times new roman]Even though the darkest clouds are in the sky,
    You mustn’t sigh and you mustn’t cry.
    Spread a little happiness, as you go by.

[/FONT][/SIZE][/I][/B][B][I][FONT=Times New Roman]O:)[/FONT][/I][/B]
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

I do work with kids in the theater, and I see them with Iphones these are 4th-7th graders, and when I see them in my head I always say"Kids today and the iphones, when I was right I had an old cellphone that only did calling." It makes me feel old.