Gods in the Machine (Interest Check) - Page 6

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Gods in the Machine (Interest Check)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle R View Post
    *Picks up the stick and beats KP with it, just because...*

Noxicity and Mistique are both females, actually! But, continue to call Nox a "he." I would enjoy seeing her blow up at you.
    ...oooooooooh
    Every atom in your body was forged in a star. Act like it.

"No one fears the wolf because he has sharp teeth. They fear him because he uses them." -TheTachyon

Quote Originally Posted by KnightPlutonian View Post
    ...oooooooooh
    Yepp. XD

"It's only falling in love because you hit the ground."- "I Appear Missing", Queens of the Stone Age

"She lingers beneath the dying moonbeams; glass in hand, struggling to stand, and in her eyes the universe gleams." - Lady of the Moment

[Hidden Content ] - Always appreciative of a critique.

Hope this one's still alive and kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle R View Post
    Hope this one's still alive and kicking.
    Yepp, working on some layout first, we'll need to figure out timelines as well, how long everybody's been in DEM, elect a team leader among the characters.

The DEM project is probably fairly new, maybe a couple years old at most with only a few minor jobs having been completed in the past. (If you guys have any ideas for stuff that has previously happened among your characters let me know)

Edit: Created a group page for the RP, good place to discuss plotting and chat Sent invites to KP, DM, Kyle, and Amsawtell

Ethreal, let me know if you still intend to join (and send me a character sheet!) and I'll add you as well.
    Last edited by Nemesis; December 7th, 2014 at 08:43 AM.

"It's only falling in love because you hit the ground."- "I Appear Missing", Queens of the Stone Age

"She lingers beneath the dying moonbeams; glass in hand, struggling to stand, and in her eyes the universe gleams." - Lady of the Moment

Hi Nox, I've misplaced my character sheet. I'll try and get another written up soon. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ethreal View Post
    Hi Nox, I've misplaced my character sheet. I'll try and get another written up soon. Sorry.
    no big, just send it over once it's ready

I'm working on mine right now too

Sorry I'm being so anti-social. I'll be joining in for fun every now and then.

Welcome Amsawtell (officially that is)

Also:

Player Name: Noxicity
    Character Name: Jocelyn P. Rae (Pseudonym, birth name UNKNOWN)
    Code Name: Jackal
    Specialization: Hand-to-hand combat, with basic proficiency in small firearms, and diversionary tactics
    Abilities: Enhanced reflexes and agility above what augmentation could provide, the combination of which allows for increased speed and balance. Related to her condition is an increased metabolic and heart rate.
    Augmentations: Muscle and bone augmentations in her legs allow her to land safely from a height of roughly thirty feet or less.
    Physical Description: Jocelyn is a nineteen year old, hundred-ten pound female. Hair is naturally blonde, though currently dyed an unnatural shade of platinum, and eyes are hazel. She is of slender build and matching proportions and stands at five-foot-four, sports a total of fifteen piercings (right ear x5, left ear x2, tongue, nose, left eyebrow, back of neck, naval, “undisclosed locations” x3), and is tattooed and/or branded in six locations (left side of neck and shoulder, right and left hipbones, lower back, bottom of right foot, upper left cheekbone).
    Psyche Profile: Marked aggressiveness, deceitfulness, lack of moral compass, and hyper-sexuality paint Jocelyn as an unrepentant sociopath, but numerous reports hint at an ability to form close, trusting relationship with a select few not characteristic of such a person. It has been suggested that the majority of her behaviors are the result of survival tactics rather than a complete lack of humanity, though her tendency to do things “because she can” bear close observation.
    History: Among the most aggressive of DEM candidates and far from the most intelligent, Jocelyn’s acceptance into the program primarily resided on her complete lack of a paper trail and her ability to blend in while standing out in a crowd. From what was gathered in multiple interviews, she was born to an, as of yet, unidentified woman in New York City. Her mother died early on and her father is unknown. Jocelyn has stated that she was adopted by another unnamed woman who took care of her up until the age of nine, but this can neither be confirmed nor denied.

Jocelyn has repeatedly refused to elaborate on her whereabouts after leaving the care of this woman, but there are several reports with descriptions of young women matching her description, ability, and temperament on file with the New York state police department. No arrests were ever (successfully) made until interference with DEM operations eighteen months ago lead to her capture. Given the choice between high security prison and restricted recruitment, Ms. Rae elected to join the program.
    DEM Status: Team Member [On Probation]

Note: discussion threads are in a private group

Character Name: Michael Passehl
    Code Name: Smith
    Specialization: Managerial and behavioral expert
    Abilities: Slight precognition and possibly low level telepathy/empathy within an extremely limited range
    Augmentations: Advanced retina feeds with target assist and facial recognition software
    Physical Description: A forty some year old man with salt-and-pepper hair, standing at about five-foot-eleven. He usually sports a light beard and shows a preference for casual wear.
    Psyche Profile: Agent Passehl has a notably calm and collect demeanor and the ability to keep a cool head regardless of the situation. Though a very private man, he is also extremely open and honest and displays a great deal of empathy for others, particularly his charges.
    History: Born in northern Michigan and raised by his great aunt after a carjacking gone wrong claimed the lives of his parents and infant sister, Michael was an above average student and considerably active member of his community until he graduated high school. Though he attended college for two years on a scholarship, he did not continue and left to join the USAF. His military service lead him to work with the Office of Special Investigations and eventually to less official branches of the government. He was hand selected for his personable and trustworthy nature and exemplary service record, particularly involving sensitive matters, as a Handler in DEM Ops.
    DEM Status: Handler

Character Name: Sammuel Craig
    Code Name: Vector
    Specialization: Combat medicine and weapons tech
    Abilities: Sammuel’s ability involves a projection of himself that essentially exists on a separate plane that intersects our own. Though attached to him, this extension of himself is capable of reaching through what he describes as the connected points along this invisible plane and allow him to effect or manipulate the world far from his physical location. The project is not visible to the naked eye but can be “seen” in the presence of ultra high and low frequencies as a vaguely human shape overshadowing his corporeal form, this manifestation may a result of his unconscious mind shaping it, rather than its natural form. Though it is reportedly capable of interacting with objects and people without Sammuel’s direction, it does not appear to be individually sentient.
    Augmentations: N/A
    Physical Description: A man in his early thirties with a muscular build, dusky complexion, green eyes, and brown hair currently kept in dread locks.
    Psyche Profile: Generally easy going, if occasionally rowdy. Sammuel is noted for his relaxed disposition and willingness to take orders, provided he respects and trusts the person giving them. He does, however, hold a morally grey view of the world and his idea of “right and wrong” often do not align with that of the average American citizen.
    History: Sammuel’s early childhood was spent in the US with his father, a pastor hailing from Jamaica, and his mother, a nurse in the US army, before returning to his father’s homeland. There he was initiated into a local gang as a young teen and experienced a falling out with his parents. This lead to his eventual involvement with a weapon smuggling ring and his familiarization with firearms of many kinds, it was reported that he became a well-known enforcer in his early twenties before a rift within the group caused him to drop out and return to America with his mother, now divorced from his father.

He assisted her in opening her own clinic in the poverty and crime stricken East Saint Louis. He caught the attention of the DEM ops following a series of mysterious deaths of local gang affiliates (similar occurrences may have occurred in Jamaica as well, but would not have been reported due the social climate of the area). An arrangement was made involving the protection and continued safety of his mother, now a target because of him, to ensure his cooperation with the organization.
    DEM Status: Team member