Gods in the Machine (Interest Check) - Page 3

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Gods in the Machine (Interest Check)

yup always hanging around somewhere.
    Everyone's life is like a story. The problem is few people take the time to really understand their own story, much less bother to even read anyone else's.

Fantastic, I'd prefer at least three, but if we still only have two in about a week I'll set us up anyway and push on. Maybe once we get started others will join (also if you could mention it to any RPG minded friends... ;D)

"It's only falling in love because you hit the ground."- "I Appear Missing", Queens of the Stone Age

"She lingers beneath the dying moonbeams; glass in hand, struggling to stand, and in her eyes the universe gleams." - Lady of the Moment

[Hidden Content ] - Always appreciative of a critique.

There is another RPG going right now by Tachyon and Diatsu and Mistique are in it. i RP a ton with Mistique and I have done some with Diatsu both of them may be interested, and Tachyon I think he know PlutonianKnight.
    Everyone's life is like a story. The problem is few people take the time to really understand their own story, much less bother to even read anyone else's.

By all means throw them an invite if they can handle another RP on their plates

"It's only falling in love because you hit the ground."- "I Appear Missing", Queens of the Stone Age

"She lingers beneath the dying moonbeams; glass in hand, struggling to stand, and in her eyes the universe gleams." - Lady of the Moment

[Hidden Content ] - Always appreciative of a critique.

Did I hear my name?

- - - Updated - - -

Player Name: Mistique

Character Name: Elvira Snow

Code Name
    : Snow-white

Specialization
    : Healer; Aurora is the one who makes sure others can continue to fight even after they are injure as she removes the injury from them instantly. She can then use that injury as a weapon to inflict the same damage on the enemy

Abilities
    : In the world there are good and bad energies everywhere unseen by most. A bit like an aura. These energies attach themselves to people causing either a good or bad event to occur to that person. Elvira has the ability to see energies in the form of colors in the eyes of other people. The darker the color the worse it is. Elvira also has the ability to remove an bad energy from someone. She can then do two things. Either she takes the energy into her own body in which case she will be violently ill. During this time she is unable to move. Should she take on a second energy during this time she will more than likely die although obviously she has never tried to do so. She can also transfer this bad energy to another person. The original bad event will then occur to that person. She has to make eye contact for her to be able to do this.

Colors and their meaning:

- White – healthy
    - Yellow – accidental injury
    - Orange – violent injury
    - Red – attempt of murder
    - Purple - illness
    - Brown – near death
    - Black – death
    - Blue – suffocation
    - Green - poisoning

Augmentations
    : None

Physical Description
    : Elvira has long curly dark brown hair and a pale white skin. She has emerald green eyes which are rarely ever seen as her face is hidden deep within the hood of the black velvet robe she wears. At times she even wears black shades as she tries hard not to make eye contact with anyone. She is very reactive in her emotions and tries hard to suppress them as she does not want to feel anything for anyone in order to avoid feeling the need to help.

Psyche Profile
    : Elvira is quite withdrawn. She is the kind of person who hates her own ability and hates using it, but who will use it when it is needed. Elvira is haunted by her past as the memory of the ones she has failed to help continue to haunt her.

History
    : Elvira’s abilities showed itself at a very young age. She saw the colors, but she had no idea what they meant. As she was the only one with this ability in her family she had nobody to talk about it and nobody to explain it to her. She had to figure it out on her own. She also had no idea what she could do with these colors she saw. All she knew was that if a color, for instance a purple one indicating illness, got darker and eventually black that person died. If the color got lighter they lived. That she had any influence over those colors she didn’t know. When she was sixteen years old she found her mother at home bathing in blood. She had been stabbed by partner, Elvira’s stepfather. It was the first time that Elvira saw a red aura, indicating a violent injury, turn black. Devastated she ran away from home and has never returned. It wasn’t until much later that she discovered her ability to remove the energies. There was an incident where Elvira saw an 18 year old girl with a dark green energy. This indicated she had been poisoned and she was likely to die from it. Eager as she was to help Elvira took this energy from her and became ill. Two hours later Elvira saw an 8 year old child with dark purple energy. As she was too ill to help this child died an hour later. The guilt Elvira felt over this was overwhelming. It was that day that Elvira started wearing a black velvet robe and her willingness to help became less and less.

DEM Status:
    I long for the day when MS stands for mystery solved!

lol hi mistique what does this make now? 5 RPs together, you'll be sick of me eventually

I had to think about that one for a bit, but I do believe you are right! About the five that is not about the getting sick of you You know how to write well and I will never get sick of that! I actually stayed out of this one to give you a 'mistique free' rpg. When I saw you mention my name, I figured you didn't need one

lol nope finding people who will actually commit to an RP is insanely hard when you find someone good always best to hold on tight.

Definately agree on that one so I guess we are stuck together

I changed up a bit of my character app along with your instructions, Nox. You're right, I basically meant light manipulation/photokinetic constructs, but photokinesis sounds so much fancier, so I stuck with that. I also removed most of the cyberpunk-esque bits from the augmentations, so now he just has the tattoos that help control his ability.

As for TheTachyon, I'll see if he can play but even though we're both pretty busy with school, he got the short stick. He apparently has an outline for a full-length movie due in his Screenwriting class so he might be bogged down until around the end of the fall term. I'll still try and beat him into making a character for this, though.

Also, Deafmute, did you mean for your character to have the same name as the protagonist from Catcher in the Rye? I thought it was pretty funny.
    Every atom in your body was forged in a star. Act like it.

"No one fears the wolf because he has sharp teeth. They fear him because he uses them." -TheTachyon