Taking up Plasticweld's challenge (288 words) (Controversial themes)

Thread: Taking up Plasticweld's challenge (288 words) (Controversial themes)

Taking up Plasticweld's challenge (288 words) (Controversial themes)

(deleted)
    Last edited by mrmustard615; November 9th, 2014 at 04:25 PM.
    Hidden Content

Hey, check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

And if you're into music, check out the brand new Hidden Content Hidden Content

wow. hadn't thought of that whole thing in a long time. never looked at country music and country music fans the same after what happened to dixie chicks. I loved those girls, still do.

You're just asking for a flame-fest with this one. Not sure what kind of positive discourse you think could possibly come out of it, to be honest.
    It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do what’s due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.

Quote Originally Posted by Pluralized View Post
    You're just asking for a flame-fest with this one. Not sure what kind of positive discourse you think could possibly come out of it, to be honest.

I deleted it. I don't want to start a flame war either. It was just something I came up with as a satire. Maybe it didn't work.
    Hidden Content

Hey, check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

And if you're into music, check out the brand new Hidden Content Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Darn it. I wanted to argue. I prefer the "old style" country music. Like the song about a farmer's pig dying and his wife leaving him. He really missed that pig. I grew up listening to country music on a Cincinnati station before trucks took over the genre.

I even went to the Grand Old Opery in Nashville. It was in the old theater. Not a good trip, though, since after the show several other GIs and myself stopped at a little bar. Hearing a loud "Bang" behind me, I turned around to find a revolver a few inches from my head. A guy had just shot his girlfriend behind my booth.

He said something like it didn't concern us, then left. The other guys wanted to get the heck out of their but I paused to finish my beer, giving the cops time to get there.

We were caught, having to come back as witnesses for a trial that never took place. It seems the girl and her shooter were back together again and the trial cancelled.

We had a better time, though, since we still got witness pay and drank it up. Not at that same bar, though.

Charlie

Noooooooooooooooooooo! Now I'll never know.

Oh, well
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...