What's Your Nano Word Count? - Page 9

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Nano Word Count?

Well done, Plu!

I remember when I hit the 40,000 mark the last 10,000 words flowed easily. Up until that point it felt like I'd been pushing water uphill.

42,020 -

Anybody still in this thing?
    It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do whatís due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.

Quote Originally Posted by Pluralized View Post
    42,020 -

Not enough to win it, but I am adding words little by little.

"Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

Quote Originally Posted by Pluralized View Post
    42,020 -

While I haven't been participating directly in Nanowrimo, I've been keeping track of the word count in the rewrite of one of my manuscripts. My total for this month stands at 51,014. So I guess to an extent, I was in it, and now I'm out of it.
    Hidden Content & Hidden Content
    Hidden Content & Hidden Content
    Hidden Content First Novel & Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Read with hunger, write with joy, and live with passion."

Quote Originally Posted by bookmasta View Post
    While I haven't been participating directly in Nanowrimo, I've been keeping track of the word count in the rewrite of one of my manuscripts. My total for this month stands at 51,014. So I guess to an extent, I was in it, and now I'm out of it.
    Hey, that counts! Nice work.
    It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do whatís due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.

I sooo badly wanted to just bury this thing tonight, but I don't think I have 7500 left in me today. At least I have the balance of the story mapped out in my head, and I think it's going to go a bit over 50k. Maybe that will leave something useable after editing (my concern with a novel this short is after hacking out and editing, it might not retain enough length). -- Oh well, I'm going to get the story down and worry about all that later.
    Attachment 6899

Edit - 46,029... Finishing up tomorrow night I hope. Story's going great.
    Last edited by Pluralized; November 26th, 2014 at 03:52 AM.

I'll go ahead and say it because I know you'll make it, Plu. Congrats on the win.

"Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

Ka-Boom! I wrote 4,000 words today and buttoned up the rough draft. Probably another 3-4k in filling holes in the plot, then I'll start hacking and whacking on it. No real idea whether it's long enough to be considered a real novel, but I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. Good story, decent characters. Increase in self-discipline, which is why I like to do this in the first place. Thanks for the support, those of you that do.

I hope anyone else who's pushing to finish this has good luck in their final thrust. I'm glad to see that 50k mark, m'self.

Attachment 6920

Congratulations, Plu! An amazing achievement and a great lesson in self-discipline!

I ended my novel on the 27th I ended it at 56,886 and it was my first year doing it. I had so much fun, that I said that I would revise and edit the work with everyone.