What's Your Nano Word Count? - Page 8

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Nano Word Count?

I broke the 30k mark today, coming in somewhere around 30,130. I'm a day ahead now, and aiming to build on that. The story's coming together nicely.
    It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do what’s due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.

Broke the 20K mark. Just barely though, 20,019 as of tonight.
    Buy the ticket take the ride.

Somehow, part of mine is missing. It's like I've lost about a thousand/maybe little more words somewhere, but oh well. I'm at 13,000. The story I'm concentrating on now is interesting at least.

"Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

Keep pushing on, guys!

I passed 32k mark today, and had to stop and write a short story, post that crappy thing up in the Workshop. It gave me a strange momentum boost, and now I'm back at the NaNo. Part of me just wants to be DONE with it.
    It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do what’s due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.

Great going, plur! I'm beginning to see how knowing your story might help a lot with nano.

21,005 after today's writing session. I am too far behind to make a run at 50K, but I would be happy hitting 30K and knowing I did 1k a day for 30 days.

I'll be happy to do better than last year. Only about 500 words to tie it.

35,605. People are dying!
    Last edited by Pluralized; November 23rd, 2014 at 01:06 AM.

I'm at 40,118 and about sick of writing today. Anyone else cruising toward some kind of 50k finish before month's end? I'm hoping to finish by Wednesday so I can travel for the holiday with the fam and not think about this infernal story that's been keeping me awake.