What's Your Nano Word Count? - Page 6

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Nano Word Count?

I haven't abandoned mine, I'm just not working at a frantic pace anymore. The quality is already better.

"Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Getting there is what's important, not the days needed to achieve it. Hope you're doing okay, Misti!
    That is exactly my thinking. I am fine. A few more days of taking it slow - knitting chrismas decorations mostly or just sleeping - and I am back to my 'normal' self, whatever that might be! Thanks for the response.
    I long for the day when MS stands for mystery solved!

I have broke the 12k mark. I really hope I find some fire this weekend. I will be finishing up my paper for Uni tonight, and that means a little more free time! So, we will see if it goes into this story or my main piece.
    Buy the ticket take the ride.

18,405. My butt hurts, and I'm going for a jog. If I keel over in traffic, somebody finish this damn thing for me by the end of the month.
    It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do what’s due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.

I'm at 1333. Totally just meandering as I go. Suppose that's what I get for just jumping in with no planning. When I'm at work I'm trying to imagine the way the larger pieces fit together, in order to....build up to checkpoints in the story of which I have no idea what they are so far. Nano is good for what it's worth I guess, just for forcing out the words. I figure there'll be a breakthrough when everything just flows.

If anyone remembers from the last Literary maneuvers I was in, this is a tie-in to the story I wrote. Sci-fi isn't what I'm really familiar with, and I've been waiting to dip my toes into the murky void which is science fiction. So...Kelsaw gets the larger novel she probably deserves. Or that universe gets it's story I guess. Yay, ALIENS!!! Also, there's probably several topics which I should probably do research on, and I've never till now done research, so thus the over-thinking things I'm clueless about. Which is why being a writer is fun, I CAN MAKE EVERYTHING UP BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

12,796. Back on-track, still have about 300 words to write today, then I will be feeling good. Still a ways to go before caught up with where I SHOULD be.
    If you ever need a second set of eyes on your work, PM me for a critique! I'm happy to help Hidden Content

13,217 is the new word count. About 1,200 words today. Which is pretty good considering my mind is fried from a 12 page paper, that ended up being 15 pages, for Uni. All in all, a productive day I suppose.

Broke the 20k marker today. I was feeling all momentum-ish until I read about a guy who's at 47k today and will finish up "probably tonight."
    It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do what’s due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.

Holy cow. I doubt I will even make the mark, and people are already finishing. I will just pretend no matter what, that mine is better, or he has no life.

I have a feeling most of those people are writing stream-of-consciousness malarky to make those word counts. I actually tried it, but it felt so pointless I couldn't make myself do it for long.

"Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson