What's Your Nano Word Count? - Page 5


Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 115

Thread: What's Your Nano Word Count?

  1. #41
    15204. Where'd everybody go?
    Last edited by Pluralized; November 24th, 2014 at 12:12 AM.
    It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do what’s due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.


  2. #42
    I did not have a good writing weekend at all. Matter of fact, it didn't happen for me this weekend. Today though I am back on the pony. My Nano piece is now at 11,229 words, and far behind schedule. Though, I do in face hope to bring my word count up this coming weekend.
    Buy the ticket take the ride.

  3. #43
    Same here, Skodt. I'm at 12,000 and it's going to take a lot of extra daily writing to win. Doubt it'll happen at this point, but it doesn't matter all that much to me. I'll keep the story going until it's done whether the 30th or next July.

    "Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

  4. #44
    I'm at 16680. Today was mind-numbing after a twelve hour day at work including driving to Alabama and back, of all things. Still wrote enough to catch today's quota.
    It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do what’s due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.


  5. #45
    10,772 today.

    So I didn't get any work done over the weekend. I bought an Xbox One. Between Call of Duty and now Halo: the Master Chief Collection, I didn't write what I should have. BUT FEAR NOT...

    I'm working three saturday shifts and working black friday. The offices will be empty, and I will be writing. I'm definitely going to be able to make up for the lost time! Anyway, back to AT LEAST get today's minimum done...
    If you ever need a second set of eyes on your work, PM me for a critique! I'm happy to help Hidden Content

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    10,772 today.

    So I didn't get any work done over the weekend. I bought an Xbox One. Between Call of Duty and now Halo: the Master Chief Collection, I didn't write what I should have. BUT FEAR NOT...

    I'm working three saturday shifts and working black friday. The offices will be empty, and I will be writing. I'm definitely going to be able to make up for the lost time! Anyway, back to AT LEAST get today's minimum done...
    So then you're not actually going to get any work done those days...just write. I'm telling your boss.

    Of course, I could easily forget what I heard if a batch of cookies were to appear on my desk.

    "Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by J Anfinson View Post
    So then you're not actually going to get any work done those days...just write. I'm telling your boss.

    Of course, I could easily forget what I heard if a batch of cookies were to appear on my desk.
    >.>

    I'd worry about that, but I'm fairly certain they're aware I write a lot at work. So much of my time is sitting, waiting for the phone to ring with a server crash or data failure. Ah, tech.

    Still. Expect the cookies at midnight.
    If you ever need a second set of eyes on your work, PM me for a critique! I'm happy to help Hidden Content

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    >.>

    I'd worry about that, but I'm fairly certain they're aware I write a lot at work. So much of my time is sitting, waiting for the phone to ring with a server crash or data failure. Ah, tech.

    Still. Expect the cookies at midnight.
    No fair, they make me do stuff. Even on Saturdays.

    Chewy chocolate chip would be awesome.

    "Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

  9. #49
    WF Veteran Mistique's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands
    Posts
    2,533
    I have had to abandon NaNoWriMo. After about a week of working hard every day the faitigue of the MS caught up with me and knocked my mind out to a barely concious level. This is too much for me, so I will continue (with the guidance of my writing coach) at a slower pace. I will get there in the end, I will just be the turtle and not the hare.
    I long for the day when MS stands for mystery solved!

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistique View Post
    I have had to abandon NaNoWriMo. After about a week of working hard every day the faitigue of the MS caught up with me and knocked my mind out to a barely concious level. This is too much for me, so I will continue (with the guidance of my writing coach) at a slower pace. I will get there in the end, I will just be the turtle and not the hare.
    Getting there is what's important, not the days needed to achieve it. Hope you're doing okay, Misti!
    If you ever need a second set of eyes on your work, PM me for a critique! I'm happy to help Hidden Content

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.