Its about to start! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Its about to start!

My first day NoNoWriMo ended (I am in a different time zone, so it's 22.24 here now and I am stoping for today) with 2167 words. Fair enough for the first day I would think.
    Last edited by Mistique; November 1st, 2014 at 11:14 PM.
    I long for the day when MS stands for mystery solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Actually been saving this one for my NaNo project:

Adrift

Terminal. That was what the doctors said. Temporary. That's what the salesman said. Jack Tasken was dying, and CryTech could pause that process. Cryonics could keep him alive for centuries, in orbit around the Earth, and wake him up when the cure for his disease was ready for him. Alone, and desperate, Jack signs the contract, then dies... only to wake up three thousand years later and hundreds of light-years away on a ship that's under attack and on the wrong side of a losing war. On second thought, he might have preferred the cancer.

I plan on it being a shorter novel, so it's perfect for this event.
    That sounds awesome! I wish my ideas were that complex. I hope you share Some with us at some point! I haven't even Started writing yet do to the 3 hours of driving I did early this morning and the two photo Shoots I did today But I am hoping to get Started tonight or early tomorrow morning. I know its not A good Start to the year. But I didn't have much of a choice this year. I hope everyone else has had a good start.
    Remember to be human.
    http://mmwhitney2010.wix.com/m-and-m-photography

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Actually been saving this one for my NaNo project:

Adrift

Terminal. That was what the doctors said. Temporary. That's what the salesman said. Jack Tasken was dying, and CryTech could pause that process. Cryonics could keep him alive for centuries, in orbit around the Earth, and wake him up when the cure for his disease was ready for him. Alone, and desperate, Jack signs the contract, then dies... only to wake up three thousand years later and hundreds of light-years away on a ship that's under attack and on the wrong side of a losing war. On second thought, he might have preferred the cancer.

I plan on it being a shorter novel, so it's perfect for this event.

That sounds very interesting and a lot of fun. Enjoy
    I long for the day when MS stands for mystery solved!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGizmo View Post
    Well, after procrastinating all through October on my plot idea. I finally came up with an idea yesterday morning before work. I have been frantically planning all day today (my day off) determined to start writing on the first.

My idea at a glance.

A writer for Ireland comes to Iowa in search of an idea/research for his new novel. He is on a 3 month work visa. He found a small town (100% made up town) with an Inn to base his book in. Upon arrival, he meets the owner of the Inn/General Store and cant help how beautiful she is. Determined not to fail at his 3 month deadline, he choses to try and stay away. But finds himself more and more attracted to her and cant keep his mind on his work.
    A small town shop keeper is in a fight with her cousin about selling their grandma's dream, the Inn. It doesnt get much business besides around the holidays. Until one day a foreign man asks for a 3 month stay. She doesnt have time for a man at the moment and needs to focus on her businesses. But they seem to be always running into each other.

Will he chose to go home after his 3 long months in the U.S.A.? Will she keep her grandparents dream alive? Or will they let their dreams go to be with each other?

What do you think? It's my first real try at a romance.
    Sounds good to me, work at it and see where you get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGizmo View Post
    Well I haven't really thought out why he lands in Iowa all that much. I'm not planning on it being that long of a story so I haven't thought to much of why he's going to Iowa. But I will put some thought into it!
    If it's anything like why I ended up in the USA (the first time) it could be he's working on the farms, driving trucks, combines, that sort of thing. The farm outfits still hire on workers from overseas for that as I went and did it a few years ago (in Dakota though, not Iowa).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12