Author Interviews is Under Expansion

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Author Interviews is Under Expansion

Author Interviews is Under Expansion

Up until now the Author Interviews board has been the home of interviews with those forum members who have had their works published. But, after some fiercely furious flurrying behind the scenes, Author Interviews will now be expanded to include sit-downs with outside authors who deign to stop in at our little patch of internet.

That’s right, abusing using our legitimacy as a well-trafficked forum we will be reeling in authors and other industry professionals from all walks and areas of expertise and grilling them for your reading pleasure!

Stand by for an announcement in the next few days as to who our first victim will be. No spoilers since the wait will be short, but I will say that our first interviewee has made it onto the New York Times Best Sellers list a dizzying number of times.

In the mean time you may sit on the edge of your seats and make sure to let us know who you would like to see interviewed by the forum.

Apologies to all the King fans out there; Stephen has already declined, being quite a busy man. We'll ask again when his publicist has forgotten that we already tried once
    I have an extensive knowledge of Mean Girls quotes.

Great idea!
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

I would love to read an interview of Trudi Canavan. Think she is from your neck of the woods, Pops. Go round and tell her what's-what!

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”― Mahatma Gandhi

If you want me to respond to a thread or your work just pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Danann View Post
    PM sent.
    Ah, you don't want us to know that it was you who requested an interview by Stephanie Meyer... that's it isn't it? That's why you didn't share here who you want to be interviewed. Confess!

Whispers: We know your kind... we've seen your sort on the radio.

^_^

Kidding. I chose Stephanie Meyer as the example due to certain members of the forum having a great dislike for her work. Personally, I wouldn't mind reading that interview. So: Who do you want to be interviewed?

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”― Mahatma Gandhi

If you want me to respond to a thread or your work just pm me.

Scott Lynch or Brandon Sanderson would be fun to see on the site. Good writers.
    Buy the ticket take the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Greimour View Post
    I would love to read an interview of Trudi Canavan. Think she is from your neck of the woods, Pops. Go round and tell her what's-what!

From where I'm sitting I can see her Black Magician trilogy sitting on my book shelf. I'd be very glad to have her here.

Quote Originally Posted by Skodt View Post
    Scott Lynch or Brandon Sanderson would be fun to see on the site. Good writers.
    Both of which are on my personal list! Thank you for legitimising the things I think

I said there wouldn't be long to wait, and I really wasn't kidding (this seemed like a bigger time gap in my head - it's okay though, I volunteer to not be the guy who bugs a busy author for an interview and then takes forever to get back to him on the matter) - http://www.writingforums.com/threads...thor-Interview

This one would be nearly impossible, BUT, I would REALLY like to see dr. Michio Kaku here
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schrody View Post
    This one would be nearly impossible, BUT, I would REALLY like to see dr. Michio Kaku here
    I'd like to get some C.S Lewis up in here. Can't be too hard, right?

Don't let me down, Pops.
    "Fantasy is the literature of hope. In fantasy there is a belief that you can make a difference. Today may be bleak, but you can live through today. And tomorrow will be better. And maybe there'll be a different darkness tomorrow, but you can live through that, too, and you can make the light come, and the darkness go away. It doesn't matter how many times the darkness comes. There is always hope for something better." ~Robert Jordan

"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ~C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast