What do you think of Fan Fiction? - Page 16

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516

Thread: What do you think of Fan Fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojack79 View Post
    As someone who's written a fanfiction novel I can say without a small sense pride that it has helped me considerably to refine my writing. 75,000 words of crappie fanfiction it may be but I loved every word of it. Now i feel comfortable enough to share my own original works with the great people here.
    Yes! You wrote it, you loved it, and it helped you move onto other writing projects! What more could you ask for? Fan fiction is still creative writing, and I'm always all for it.

-JJB
    ​"Strong convictions precede great actions....."

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

I'm actually surprised a lot of people consider 50 Shades of Grey to be a fanfiction of twilight. I haven't read the books, but saw some parts of the movies, and it seems the only two things in common are a naive, inexperienced young woman, who falls for a guy who is thought of to be a controlling jerk type.

I mean lots of stories have this type of couple.

Quote Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
    I'm actually surprised a lot of people consider 50 Shades of Grey to be a fanfiction of twilight. I haven't read the books, but saw some parts of the movies, and it seems the only two things in common are a naive, inexperienced young woman, who falls for a guy who is thought of to be a controlling jerk type.

I mean lots of stories have this type of couple.
    It *IS* Twilight fanfic. That's how it was originally written. Then the author got an offer to publish it so she had to strip out all of the Twilight elements and make it something pseudo-original. That's the actual history of 50 Shades.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    It *IS* Twilight fanfic. That's how it was originally written. Then the author got an offer to publish it so she had to strip out all of the Twilight elements and make it something pseudo-original. That's the actual history of 50 Shades.
    Oh okay. Well people shouldn't consider 50 Shades to be a fanfic then if all of the Twilight elements are removed then.

Quote Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
    Oh okay. Well people shouldn't consider 50 Shades to be a fanfic then if all of the Twilight elements are removed then.
    Even though that's where it started. It also doesn't change the fact that 50 Shades sucks.