Kyle Would Be Proud Of Me...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Would Be Proud Of Me...

Kyle Would Be Proud Of Me...

...I think.

Everyone who has read my posts knows that I like to poke at Kyle a bit about plotting and such things.

The funny thing is, no matter how much I poke at him about it, I do take his advice seriously and pay attention to what he's saying.

That being noted...

My girlfriend, my son and I were out and about today and we made a stop at a St. Vincent de Paul store. While she was looking for some clothes for our two youngest, I kinda wandered around checking out whatever caught my eye.

I went, like I always do, over to the bookshelves because books are always $.50 for a paperback and $1.00 for a hardcover. I have found some very good deals, including a brand new copy of The Barbecue Bible from Steven Reichlen for a buck. That book sells for almost 25 bucks so I was a happy camper.

Anyway, as I was looking through the paperbooks, I happened across a copy of The Bedford Handbook for Writers (third edition) for $.50 so I decided to grab it.

I got it home and after just a cursory glance, I see some things in it that I may find helpful at some point. I still won't be reading it in detail because I could tell that, like English class, it would just confuse me and create a literary "vapor lock". But, as a handy little reference to look in when I have something grammatical that bugging me, it should be pretty useful.

I can't believe I actually bought one, but I am glad I only had to spend $.50 on it. LOL
    “Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.” -Carl Sagan

Real courage is found, not in the willingness to risk death, but in the willingness to stand, alone if necessary, against the ignorant and disapproving herd. --Jon Roland, 1976

Have you checked out the Hidden Content

Founder of the Pantsers United Group and member of the Fantasy Lords Group

"Life is composed of lights and shadows, and we would be untruthful,
    insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows." - Walt Disney

Pictured: Kyle.
    If you ever need a second set of eyes on your work, PM me for a critique! I'm happy to help Hidden Content

HAH!!! Nicely done.

But I'm still not outlining or plotting. LOL
    “Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.” -Carl Sagan

Real courage is found, not in the willingness to risk death, but in the willingness to stand, alone if necessary, against the ignorant and disapproving herd. --Jon Roland, 1976

insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows." - Walt Disney

What's with the three giant, half-burned cigarettes?
    "I guess that's that. I'm all out of rhetorical flourishes." - The Lies of Locke Lamora

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Bowman View Post
    HAH!!! Nicely done.

But I'm still not outlining or plotting. LOL
    I have an extensive knowledge of Mean Girls quotes.

I like to call the first book...

... "the snowball at the top of the hill."

Quote Originally Posted by popsprocket View Post
    Damn, pops. That's downright creepy. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle R View Post
    I like to call the first book...

... "the snowball at the top of the hill."
    You do know what happens to snowballs in Pantser Hell, right?

I love this thread.
    Entertain me more! I'll give you Likes or Lols... ::bribes::
    "I guess that's that. I'm all out of rhetorical flourishes." - The Lies of Locke Lamora

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    I love this thread.
    Entertain me more! I'll give you Likes or Lols... ::bribes::

Pictured: Ari.
    If you ever need a second set of eyes on your work, PM me for a critique! I'm happy to help Hidden Content

Hey Bish, do me! (I mean present me with a picture, doh!)

I'm not plotting or outlining either!

Sorry T.S.
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast