Change of Writing Forums Design

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Change of Writing Forums Design

Change of Writing Forums Design

I've been thinking of a change to Writing Forums design. Right now it looks really old fashioned . I was looking forward to a more modern place like Hack Forums. Black or silver is good, just look at Hack Forums and please please consider changing this. I mean no offense guys, this just looks cheap..... Seriously, I'm young and I'm so used to Hack Forums. Really, I'm just trying to help. I like a nice community like Hack Forums but Hack Forums doesn't do writing! I could really help with the design, I'm good at that stuff. Just tell me how you made this forum, what program you used and I could make it modern!

Are you looking at this on your phone or on your computer? On the phone it looks plenty modern
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    — Robert G. Allen

He isn't looking at it at all. Two of his four posts mention the other forum. No one here is interested in your kiddy-script site, son.

White text on a dark background? Go back to the 1980s?

Not gonna happen. And no matter what design changes have happened, or will happen, WritingForums.com will not lose its Green connection.
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

No black, please. There are enough of sites designed by colorblinds; heavy dark color and a text little lighter than the background so it's impossible to read. WF looks fine, you should concentrate on the threads and members, not colors
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripples View Post
    I've been thinking of a change to Writing Forums design. Right now it looks really old fashioned . I was looking forward to a more modern place like Hack Forums. Black or silver is good, just look at Hack Forums and please please consider changing this. I mean no offense guys, this just looks cheap..... Seriously, I'm young and I'm so used to Hack Forums. Really, I'm just trying to help. I like a nice community like Hack Forums but Hack Forums doesn't do writing! I could really help with the design, I'm good at that stuff. Just tell me how you made this forum, what program you used and I could make it modern!
    It's a little rude, I feel, for a brand new member with only four posts to his name to immediately begin complaining about the design of the site he just joined, and not even the functional aspects of it, but the overall appearence. That's like walking into someone's home and announcing how terrible the decor is, it's just poor taste and won't enamor anyone to you.

That said, I frequent many sites and this one is neither outdated looking or cheap.

If it is the same forum (.net) I did go to the Hack Forums. Dark backgrounds and light writing is no more modern than the lovely green background we have here. Thank you for your offer but for my tired eyes this format is much better.

Personally, for forums, it's more about the community and content than the aesthetic. I honestly haven't seen it as an issue.
    Currently reading:
    Storm of Swords 1 : Steel and Snow - George R R Martin

Check out my blog at Hidden Content

-Miles-Kirk

Is this a complaint about our site or a plug for somebody else's?
    Secord Sound Arts has gone out of business

Watch for Under World the book

Quote Originally Posted by Nickleby View Post
    Is this a complaint about our site or a plug for somebody else's?

I was wondering the same thing. He is contradictory too. Here he says that his other forum does no writing and in another when he threatens to leave he says all that forum does is write and write.

I don't care what the design here looks like (though personally I think it's fine). I'm here for the writing and camaraderie
    Last edited by mrmustard615; September 16th, 2014 at 07:55 PM.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast