Hillcrest prison OOC - Page 3

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillcrest prison OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Diatsu View Post
    Your not allowed to kill other characters? Aw... What about as a finale? Because I was thinking a massive rebellion/uproar would make an amazing ending. Assuming this rp will not last forever.
    If you want to kill someone elses character you would need that writers consent. Then you can do it. And the ending... we will see what happens. I'd rather not have it end right now
    I long for the day when MS stands for mystery solved!

at this point in the story I would say that any combat between player characters should be throuoghly scripted ahead of time by all involved. If people start throwing punches with so many "badasses" around this story will degrade into a one up each other competition. I have some plans to flesh out the fighter characters using nonplayer characters so don't worry you guys will have a chance to throw punches soon.

@mystique sure Mark will mentor your submissive I can only imagine what he will wind up molding her into though.

So far so good guys im liking where this story is headed. I will try to post with my characters here some time tomorrow.
    Everyone's life is like a story. The problem is few people take the time to really understand their own story, much less bother to even read anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Deafmute View Post
    at this point in the story I would say that any combat between player characters should be throuoghly scripted ahead of time by all involved. If people start throwing punches with so many "badasses" around this story will degrade into a one up each other competition. I have some plans to flesh out the fighter characters using nonplayer characters so don't worry you guys will have a chance to throw punches soon.

@mystique sure Mark will mentor your submissive I can only imagine what he will wind up molding her into though.

So far so good guys im liking where this story is headed. I will try to post with my characters here some time tomorrow.
    Yes, I would agree that combat would have to be carefully scripted.

Alright, one fucked up little Charlotte (Emma) comming up

I like it too. Look forward to reading your new posts. I will put up Charlotte (Emma)'s profile tomorrow. At the end of the meeting Emily will ask Mark to stick around (so don't have him run off just yet) so she can tell him about the expected new arrival (Charlotte).

I have to go to bed now and do some actual sleeping as it's past 2 a.m. here. I am in the Netherlands in case you were wondering

Indeed, npc's are good for a multitude of reasons. You can spice up a story without getting real characters hurt, aswell as use facilities without having a real person running it. And many others... I personally find npc's to be invaluable when I rp
    "Did you do it for you, or for the people around you. That is the difference between the self-righteous and the righteous."

Indeed, npc's are good for a multitude of reasons. You can spice up a story without getting real characters hurt, aswell as use facilities without having a real person running it. And many others... I personally find npc's to be invaluable when I rp
    Oh definately. I throw them in all the time. I use them for whatever purpose I want to use them That's the good thing about them, they don't have writers behind them to complain

Now, I really am off to bed

I couldn't sleep so I put up Charlotte's profile

Alright, with Charlotte's profile in place I am going to go for round two; sleep wise; and hope I am better at it this time around
    Last edited by Mistique; September 14th, 2014 at 03:54 AM.

I had to delete a post, no biggie, it was out of time and an accidental duplicate

Shadow, I'm confused by your most recent post. Daniel implies that Aiden's bus has not arrived yet, when earlier you posted Aiden stepping off the bus. Was this a lie for Daniel to leave, did you make a mistake, or is there something I'm missing?
    Sorry, I had to do that because someone mentioned that Daniel was in a meeting, even though Daniel couldn't be in the meeting because he was in the truck with Aiden, which makes it seem as if though Daniel has the power to clone himself or teleport. So to fix it, i made it seem like a small foreshadowing or slight glimpse in the future, and that the meeting took place before Daniel went to pick up Aiden. Small summary; Daniel goes to meeting, receives a call that the initial pickup truck couldn't make it, goes to pick up Aiden himself, three days pass, Aiden steps off the truck, Guard tells Daniel that Dean is waiting for him, Aiden follows Daniel, Aiden passes past Shin and Cham, Aiden and Daniel stand outside Dean's office. Yes mistique was right, the first post was just like a teaser of some sort.
    Last edited by Soul5hadows7; September 14th, 2014 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul5hadows7 View Post
    Sorry, I had to do that because someone mentioned that Daniel was in a meeting, even though Daniel couldn't be in the meeting because he was in the truck with Aiden, which makes it seem as if though Daniel has the power to clone himself or teleport. So to fix it, i made it seem like a small foreshadowing or slight glimpse in the future, and that the meeting took place before Daniel went to pick up Aiden. Small summary; Daniel goes to meeting, receives a call that the initial pickup truck couldn't make it, goes to pick up Aiden himself, three days pass, Aiden steps off the truck, Guard tells Daniel that Dean is waiting for him, Aiden follows Daniel, Aiden passes past Shin and Cham, Aiden and Daniel stand outside Dean's office. Yes mistique was right, the first post was just like a teaser of some sort.
    Yeah, that was my mistake. I shouldn't have put Daniel in the meeting without checking with you. Sorry, about that.

About the three days fast forward, I think it works fine in this situation, but I would recommend in future to let people known in this OOC that you are going to do that as it will affect their storyline as well. If you fast foward, they have to do the same thing. In this case it works fine though, so I'm sure we can all adjust to it

Deafmute, perhaps you could finish both story lines - Emily's meeting and the chat between Cham and Skid - and move those three days alone as well? That way we are all at the same time frame again. I would have let Emily ask Mark to stay behind at the end of the meeting (After James had responded to her question about him possibly taking night shifts) and this is whats she would have said (perhaps you can use it in your post):

'“I have something I wish to discuss with you, Mark,” Emily said when they were alone. “It’s about a new arrival,” She paused for a moment. “I realize you don’t normally mentor prisoners, but with this case safety is a big issue and this is why I would like to allocate it to you,” Emily was quiet for a moment trying to figure out what would be the best thing to say next to describe this complicated case as simply as possible. “She’s younger than most around here, as she is fifteen, and it’s her own safety I fear for the most,” Emily rubbed her forehead. “I won’t go into detail, as you can read the file,” she handed a folder to Mark. “but in her current state this girl would do whatever a man – any man - would tell her to do. She needs a strong male mentor telling her what to do so that she won’t run off and do whatever the male population of Hillcrest tell her to do. Will you help me out with this one, mark?”'