Hillcrest prison

Page 1 of 38 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillcrest prison

Hillcrest prison (warning language and/or adult themes)

Welcome to Hillcrest prison rpg. Before joining us could you please read the recruitment thread, post your character or characters there and wait to be accepted. Don't worry I'm not strict and everybody is welcome. I'm fast in responding so you won't have to wait long. I just want to ensure that things run smoothly.

http://www.writingforums.com/threads...47#post1772347

It is possible that swearing would happen in this story, but only in exceptions. It is also possible that sex would be suggested, but no more than that. These are emotionally very disturbed characters and so it can get intense.
    Last edited by Mistique; November 21st, 2014 at 03:06 PM.
    I long for the day when MS stands for mystery solved!

Emily Gray (prison director):

Good morning everyone,” Emily said as she walked into the staffroom.

It was nine a.m. on a Monday morning and as always the staff was waiting for their weekly briefing. Today would not be like any other briefing – in which they discussed last week’s incidents and what prisoners they needed to pay extra attention too – and the responsibility of her job weighed heavy on her shoulders. Emily sat down at the head of the table next to her direct colleague; the security director. She was glad that she didn’t have to deal with this alone today, but together they had decided that she would be the one to give the staff the news.

I am going to be honest with you all. The news I have is not good,” she started. Emily believed in being direct and that was exactly how she would be handling this. “Our government in all their wisdom,” there was a slight sarcastic ring to her voice that she had been unable to suppress, ”has decided that the time to prove our worth as a prison system is up; they want results,” Emily sighed and looked around the room. Worried eyes met her and it didn’t make what she had to say any easier. “Our system is an expensive one and they feel that unless we show positives results within the next year – meaning that we are able to successfully return some of our prisoners to the community - the prison will be closed.

Emily knew that the established prisons had been eager to see Hillcrest fail, but she had not expected their lobby to be this effective this fast. Emily has done all within her power – had attended numerous meetings and argued until she had all but lost her voice – but without success. The only thing that could safe Hillcrest now was the staff and their ability to work miracles with these kids.

I have done all I could to get them to see that the sort of results we hope to gain don’t happen overnight,” Emily continued, “but without success. We have to make this happen and we have to do it fast. I know you guys have all worked hard, but we are going to have to work even harder. I will be damned,” Emily’s fist hit the table. The loud sound it made shocked even Emily and she was quiet or a moment in order to regain control over her emotions. More calmly she continued. “I won’t let the kids of Hillcrest – our kids,” she put emphasis on those words. “be returned to the regular prison system. We all know they will only get worse out there and with the kind of freedom they have experienced here it would drive them mad. I believe we can do it. I intend to make a difference in the lives of these kids and as far as I am concerned failure is not an option. I hope you are all with me on this,” With that Emily stopped.
    Last edited by Mistique; September 10th, 2014 at 09:00 PM.

Cham (Christy) Lewis (prisoner):

Cham had only arrived at the prison a few weeks ago. So far what she had seen hadn’t impressed her much, but if she had been honest – and she rarely was – she had to admit that she had never had this much freedom in a prison before. She liked it. Not that she would ever say that out loud. In her own way Cham wanted to do good in this place as the prospect of failure and being transferred to Langston prison scared her. Everybody knew what that place was like; in that place survival itself became an issue. Just because she wanted to do ‘good’ though didn’t mean that Cham would do as she was told or that she would start doing things like ‘work’ or ‘study’. Today Cham had slept in, she had thrown on black pants and a black shirt emphasizing her blond hair and was walking into the park and towards the bench near the pond. This park had amazed her the first moment she had walked into it. In here it seemed like they were in some sort of resort rather than a high security prison. Cham wasn’t complaining though.

Hey, there,” she said with a smile, “You’re in my spot.
    Last edited by Mistique; September 11th, 2014 at 01:31 PM.

Dean Everclere (Medical Director/Head Physician):

Dean had been sitting at the table, face in a pile of paper work, refusing to waste the few minutes it took for Emily to arrive. He preferred to rush his work as quick as possible so that he could have a continuous break, but it seemed as though no matter how much he dug into his work, there was always more. He could already tell this was going to be a long day. But despite the urge, he pushed the paperwork aside, and raised his head toward Emily as she walked through the door. "Good morning." He said, in a rather sarcastic tone, knowing by the look on her face, there were going to be some complications.

He let out a small sigh as Emily's fists hit the table; he understood very well the kind of stress she was under. Not only does she need to worry about the kids, but her status and overall future were riding on the success of this program, and he felt as though she was taking it hard. It made him sad to see her like this, as she was often a happy person.

"Of course we are, or else we wouldn't be here. These kids have gotten so much better! It's just... Each time we make progress, there is always something that sets it back. Sure, there are a few who have been making considerable progress, but that's only the minority..." He has spent much time thinking about solutions to this problem, but no matter what brilliant idea he came up with, it generally ended in failure. He too was feeling the stress of the situation.
    "Did you do it for you, or for the people around you. That is the difference between the self-righteous and the righteous."

Shin (Prisoner):

Shin had lost all track of time, sitting on the bench and staring at the area around the park. Every little thing interested him to no end; the way the water circulated throughout the pond, the buzzing flys that circled him constantly, even the rays of sunshine that pierced through his retinas. But before he knew it his serenity was broken by the voice of a woman, who Shin quickly looked forwards.

It took him a moment to muster the courage to say "Good morning!". His mentor Emily had told him that if you tell people good morning, it meant you were being nice, and people would like you more. He never really understood it that well, for how could a morning be good? The sun fell and rose everyday in the same way, it did not feel good, or bad. It simply does it's duty, and leaves.

He paused for a moment as he processed what she said, than realized the horrible mistake he made. In a flash, followed by the shaking of chains, he was on his feet standing in front of the bench, head slightly bowed to her. "I'm.. I'm sorry! I didn't mean to steal the spot.." He felt very guilty for what he had done, for Emily had told him he should never take things from other people, for that was stealing, and stealing was very bad; as was clear by the way Shin tried to avoid the girls eyes. Shin had a very rough past, but even so he had always been good at following orders, and Emily told him to be nice to people, and so he shall. He had grown very fond of Emily, as she was one of the first people in the entirety of his life to show him kindness; and he would not let her down.
    "Did you do it for you, or for the people around you. That is the difference between the self-righteous and the righteous."

When he jumped up the way that he did it startled Cham slightly, but she didn’t let it show. She raised a brow as she heard the chains. She had thought that they didn’t do that sort of thing at Hillcrest? Was this guy that dangerous? His behavior showed him to submissive rather than dangerous. Cham disliked submissive guys. Well, not so much dislike as they did do as they were told and Cham liked the sense of control that gave her, it was more like disrespect what she felt for them.

Don’t let it happen again,” she snapped.

Cham sat down on ‘her’ spot on the bench.

Now that she had been nasty Cham figured she had to be nice. You had to give them a treat, right? Wasn’t it the right mixture of mean and nice that made them obey even more?

That spot is free,” she said pointing to the other side of the bench.

(I am not posting for Emily just yet as I want to give deafmute and Soul5hadows7 a change to respond with their guards)

Shin (Prisoner):

He looked at Cham, than to the bench several times before sitting down, rotating his body to face Cham. You see, while in confinement Shin became rather socially awkward; not sure what to say at specific times, or occasionally said something rude without meaning to. For example, now he's staring at Cham continuously, something that may seem weird to the average person.

"I'm Shin. What's your name?" Shin asked with a smile, appearing like a geniuinly nice guy; this is something most people thought when they looked at him, unable to believe he was actually responsible for countless deaths, using only his body. He wasn't an intellectual, that was for sure, but he's a physical genius in nearly every way; despite him appearing to be a cuddly teddy bear. "Are you new to Hillcrest?"
    Last edited by Diatsu; September 11th, 2014 at 07:42 PM.

There was something off about this one, but then again at Hillcrest that was true for most anybody. Including Cham. He seemed uncomfortable and that pleased her. It made her feel more in control. His staring didn’t make her uncomfortable at all. She was cute… he was a guy… so he stared. In Cham’s eyes it was as simple as that.

I’m Cham,” she said.

Cham matched his smile with one of her own.

She could tell that his smile wasn’t real, but neither was her own. Growing up she had become an expert at reading other people’s body language. It had been a matter of survival. She had learned quickly the difference between the kind of smile that the lady at the grocery store gave her – which most of the time meant ‘hello’ or when she was little ‘aren’t you a cute little girl’ – and the kind her stepfather gave her. Although she had never been able to prevent the abuse, being able to predict it had softened the pain some of the time. The other times… well… Cham’s mind didn’t go to those times.

Yes, I am, sort off,” Cham answered his question. “I’ve been around a few weeks, but well, people don’t seem to notice each other around here, now do they? All trapped in their own little minds.” Cham studied Shin from head to toe. “So why have you got those chains?” she asked directly. “Are you dangerous? Should I be keeping an eye on you?” A daring ring appeared in her voice like she was mocking him.
    Last edited by Mistique; September 11th, 2014 at 11:20 PM.

Shin (Prisoner):

Shin never really thought much about girls, at least not in the way the average boy would. Nor did he really classify people into cute or ugly, when he looked at someone's body, he sees just that; a mobile organ system that worked in unison to create life. He has seen far to much blood and open flesh to think of anything other than that; but even so, people amused him, and he enjoyed filling his empty days with other peoples words. But most of all he enjoyed inmates, more specifically, people like Cham. You can take one look into a persons face and there body posture, and tell, truly, the kind of life they have endured; and Chams eyes interested him to no end.

He had lost a fraction of time while studying Chams body, the tone of her voice, and the way her body reacted to the words she spoke; it made him a bit sad, though nowhere on his body could you tell, as his emotions were chained down much more tightly than his legs were. It was only when she asked the question did he start focusing on the conversation they were having.

"Oh.. These things?" He said, while shuffling his feet slowly, "My therapist tells me it is for my protection... But I know that's not why.. It's because they are afraid." He didn't really say much on the subject, for there wasn't much to say. The process of putting these shackles on him costed the facility many hospital bills, and several workers... He really didn't enjoy them; it was like ripping the fangs off a tiger... At least he still had his claws.

He stared at Cham for a moment longer, lost in thought. He extended his hand, palm open, in a very docile manner; he was curious about something, and really wanted to see if it was true. "Can I see your hand?" It was a rather strange question, and Shin wasn't sure if she would accept. He didn't want to hurt her; if he did, she wouldn't be talking to him now. But even so, there's no way she could know that. "I promise you're safe."

Mark Rufino (Security Director)

Mark sat at the table with a flat expression. He barely blinked as Ms. Gray addressed the staff. He had never made his reservations about this prison system known, but he had little doubt that the young woman knew his real opinion. His views aside he was disgusted at the idea of failure, regardless of that fact that the system was doomed from the start. He intended to see this facility stay open, he was not about to relocate again so soon.

He repressed a sneer at the sickeningly sweet final statements. Our kids? You could be damn sure if any of these kids had been raised in the Rufino household they would not have turned out like this. The outright belligerence of most of their inmates would have been met with instant consequences, consequences which unlike the soft "point system" Ms Gray insisted on would have real results.

Perhaps now that she is feeling the strain she will start considering some of my suggestions. A decrease in violent behavior would certainly be welcome among his dedicated guard staff. These "duel position" staff that Ms. Gray oversaw were glorified babysitters only a few had any real physical intervention training beyond the measly 4 week course these staff members were required to undergo. Luckily, he had convinced the higher ups to allow him to hold a group of dedicated guards he was able to hand select. To deal with the more "problematic" inmates. The intense confrontations they still handled daily were unacceptable.

After this meeting he would have to confront the Therapeutic Director once again about increasing the penalty system. Maybe now she would finally listen.
    Last edited by Deafmute; September 12th, 2014 at 04:06 AM.
    Everyone's life is like a story. The problem is few people take the time to really understand their own story, much less bother to even read anyone else's.

Page 1 of 38 12345678911 ... LastLast