Thanks Pip

Thread: Thanks Pip

Thanks Pip

Thank you Pip for mentioning Pam Ayres's poetry in a poetry thread. I read her poem" Oh,I wish I'd looked after me teeth", I could not stop laughing...If anyone else has a favorite poem--I would love for you to share, or maybe just a link to the poet. Thanks! Peace...Jul

Roger Mcgough poetry..makes me laugh

Out of work,
    divorced,
    usually pissed,
    He aimed low in life
    and missed

-----------------------

SURVIVOR
    Every day,
    I think about dying.
    About disease, starvation,
    violence, terrorism, war,
    the end of the world.
    It helps
    keep my mind off things.

The only one who can heal you is you.

Hi J, that is also one of my favourite poems

Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Pip--I went around for days muttering" Oh I wish I'd looked after me teeth", my Husband kept asking what was so funny--I said you just had to be there...

escorial--Thanks! I saved that in my favorites, I loved "Mrs moon," and "Let me die a youngmans death". Good stuff!

Excellent idea, Jul. Thank you for creating this thread. I posted this piece, which I am very attached to, in Published Poetry last week:

http://www.writingforums.com/threads...-Andrea-Gibson

Lisa--I understand why that poem resonated with you, as it spoke to me also. I guess it does not matter what trials and heartbreak we are going through, suffering is suffering, and by the very nature of pain, it is isolating. I loved the lines "Stay with me, stay with me, stay with me", as if she was there,sharing your pain...Thanks. Peace...Jul

escorial--"He aimed low in life and missed"--I am not such a screwup after all! Love it! Peace...Jul

I'll have to post this as a link, I think... it's probably best anyway because it has the odd naughty word in it...

If You Don't Want To Be In A Poem Don't **** A Poet (scroll down) is one of my favourite poems, happens to be by a friend of mine, and always makes me both giggle and smile.
    “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.”

Gargh--It was amusing, and I can see why it made you smile. I also ehjoyed "I remember" and "A poem for a new home". Thanks. Peace...Jul

The first poem my Grandmother read to me, was "The wreck of the Hesperus" by Henery Wadsworth Longfellow. That was the exact moment that I fell in love with Poetry...Peace...Jul

Responding to Escorial's poem. I read this poetry slowly and take in all the words. From a content perspective, I feel it would help someone who is struggling with coping with the struggles in life. From an English standpoint, language arts' viewpoint, I feel that this is an experimental poem. And yes, I really FEEL the quote at the bottom, "the only one who can heal you is you." I am Andrew and I really appreciate the work and the inspirational quote.